cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to File Scenario without Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus'

I have a requirement in my current project.

the source system (mdm) is sending around 7 files and these files have to be picked from the source location path by PI file adapters and these should be sent to BW(receiver) for generating the reports.

Each file consists of different data such as purchase org data, vendor data,company data etc.

My doubt here is, how can i approach the development; should i create 7 Snder CC,& Reciver CC,RA,SA,RD,ID.

In our interface there is no ESR Objects involved.

Please help me in solving the issue

Thanking You

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use one common set of Integration Directory objects for all files under following conditions:

1. You do not do any mapping or processing (which you have confirmed to be true).

2. All source files are stored in the same server (but not necessarily the same location on the server).

3. All target files are to be put in the same directory.

You can use the "Advanced Selection for Source File" feature of sender File CC to select multiple source files, with multiple filename patterns and even from multiple directories.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Developed different ID objects for the Interface

former_member190543
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nabhinav,

If the source file structures are same for all the files, then one file channel is sufficient as others replied using "advanced selection for source files"

However, if the file structure and fields are different for different files, then you need seperate file channels.

Regards,

Ramesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

All the files will be different. These files will conatin like Vendordata.xml,Purchaseorg.xml,ComapnyCode.xml.Like these PI has to Pick up 7 files from MDM source location path and then post to BW through File receiver CC.

And i have one more doubt here, afetr PI picks the files through One File CC, does or can all these files moved to seperate Archive Directory locations or these can these be archived at a single location.

The Transport Protocol we are using is NFS and not FTP.

thank you

Edited by: NABHINAV on Feb 1, 2012 3:37 PM

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to move each file in different archive locations or directory, YOu would need different communication channel for each. If all the files going at the same location,then try to use the same channel.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

looking at your scenario, its best that you create separate configurations.

you can avoid the IR/ESR completely and use only ID

https://weblogs.sdn.sap.com/pub/wlg/4383

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It does not really matter if those files have different structures, as you do not process them actually. So you only need separate sender CC if you need to move those files to separate archive directories. Still, you can use a single set of other PI objects like ID, RD and so on, if the files are to be put in the same location by PI.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I have devloped the Interafce as suggested.

In the sender CC, i have checked the Advance selection for source file and also checked the ASMA tab.

i have given three file names along with their source location paths such as USERS.xml,PROFILE.xml,PROFILEDESCP.xml.

On the Receiver CC, i am checking the ASMA tab and for the target directory location i am giving the path.

for the file name scheme i am giving as USERS.TXT, only one file name is given.

My doubt here is how can i give multiple file anmes as we have given for the source CC.

I ahev tested by running some files from PI RWB and can see success messages in PI MONI. BUT IN CC monitoring for receiver cc i am getting the following errors

1)Putting message into receive queue failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.DuplicateMessageException: Message Id 9e6ade69-4d7b-11e1-9051-000000190a5a(INBOUND) already exists in duplicate check table: com.sap.sql.DuplicateKeyException: ORA-00001: unique constraint violated

2)Delivering the message to the application using connection File_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.configuration.DynamicConfigurationException: The Adapter Message Property 'FileName' was configured as mandatory element, but there is no 'DynamicConfiguration' element in the XI Message header.

The message status was set to WAIT.

My requirement is MDM will syndicate some files and these files have to be picked from the source location and should be sent to BW.

PI will pick the *.xml files and shld send to BW as .TXT.

We have earleir developed the interafce for three file generation by creating 3 Sender CC,ReceoverCC,RD,ID,SA,RA.

ISo as of now there is requiremnt for 7 files to be sent, so i was looking if this is possible with out the creation of too many ID objects.

Please help.

thanking You

please help

Edited by: NABHINAV on Feb 2, 2012 10:23 AM

Edited by: NABHINAV on Feb 2, 2012 10:29 AM

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if u just picking file from one place to putting at another place then u can follow the following link without creating any design object::

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/File2File/Demo1.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Abhinav

If it is a simple file to file requirement then you can use a single CC or picking all . files from the source folder and another File adapter to place in BW FTP folder.

Can you elaborate how are you planning to send it to BW for report generation?

Sourabh

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if all these files are in the same folder, you can use . and post them into the BW server.

in case these are in different folders, you will have to use the Advanced Selection for Source File option

no need of mapping. just check the ASMA properties in both sender and receiver adapter for file name