cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Training Basis Admins for NW2004s

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are preparing for an upgrade of our BW 3.1C system to NW2004s BI 7.0. The members of our experienced Basis team have not had training for quite some time. I'm struggling to identify courses/workshops/training that would best prepare them for support post-upgrade. The larger team also supports R3, CRM, SRM, EP, and XI, so I'm looking for solid SAP System Administration training for NW2004s.

Any suggestions for training to get our Basis/System Admins prepared for the NetWeaver world? What are others doing in this area?

Thanks in advance,

Laura Hartless

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Laura

During a recent NW2004 installation, I hightlighted a need for the ADM200 - Java Administration Course.

It proved invaluable for completing the installtion and setting up the Java side of netweaver.

I had only completed the ADM100 course (on 4.7) but there wasn't too much different on the ABAP Side.

Best wishes

Barry

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laura,

As been said ADM200 will cover most of the knowledge for the JAVA part.

As I know your team also does the security part, which also has been changed since the older version of SAP, let them read the Security guides for NW04s.

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

As mentioned, ADM200 is quite sufficient to train your BASIS guys, as they are very strong in the R/3 side, they can easily co-relate the JAVA. The only problem would be debugging the errors that you would encounter, null pointer exception stuffs like that. To solve these kinds of error you would need to refer to numerous notes and refer SDN. For XI it would be TBIT40, TBIT51 and 52. Very very informative.

Reward, if found useful:)

cheers

Naveen.H

Former Member
0 Kudos

i would recommend going for TADM10 ,TADM12 and TADM51( this is oracle but each database has different course) , ADM200 is covered in TADM10

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.