cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI System copy

0 Kudos

Hi,

We have performed a NWDI system copy using SAP systemcopy tool from a Windows to a Linux system (both NW 2004). unfortunately there were a few open activites as we performed the system copy. can this lead to a total corrupt export? or only corresponding development objects get lost?

further more i I mean, I've read somewhere, that before exporting a DTR from Windows to Linux some configuration must be done!

any idea where to find a guide about this?

what if this configuration were not performed before DTR export?

making a new systemcopy is not a valid option for us, as our source system is not anymore availible!

thanks in advance

Rouzbeh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

please refer to the NWDI system copy guide:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/70ee5ab2-8d7a-2c10-d88b-dbe2fdf666e7&override...

Regarding open activities: open means checked-out and not yet checked in. These changes existing only on the given developers local machine (unless he is checking in the activity and by this the status of the activity changes to "closed").

The guide also covers what happens if you miss checking in or reverting the activities, see there the section:

"If there are still open activities e.g. the following can happen:" on page 9.

Regarding "some" configuration "somewhere" I am not sure I can help you since in order to answer this question I would require a more specific question, but I hope the above NWDI system copy guide covers this as well.

Perhaps you meant point 3. on page 7 in this guide.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Answers (0)