Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmed qty on sales order delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

In sales order transaction VA02,

there is a plant in which there are 2 storage locations say S1, S2.

S1 has qty of 2000 and S2 has qty of 1500

Suppose i enter the order quantity 2001.

If i enter the storage location S1, then confirmed qty cannot be more than 2000.

If i enter the storage location S2, then confirmed qty cannot be more than 1500.

But if i do not specify any storage location, then confirmed qty is automatically set to 1500 (max of storage location S2).

Does any one has any idea about the reason for this?

Regards,

Richa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While changing and creating the order whose delivery has not been done yet.

You Can Give n number of quantity to any existing storage location.

Error will come only when you will create the delivery.

Thanks.

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richa,

During the delivery creation, an availability check may take place - if it has not been turned off in the item category in transaction 0VLP.

The availability check works on a multiple level logic. Therefore, it will check at Plant Level AND at Storage Location Level (And other other levels if you are working with batches). This prevents an overconfirmation situation from occurring and is alluded to in SAP note 89362.

In your example:

Plant Stock = 3500 [Plant Stock is usally an accumulation of the various storage locations]

S1 Stock = 2000

S2 Stock = 1500

During delivery creation, a storage location will be determined (Usually based on OVL3 settings). Therefore, if S1 is determined, the system will determine that there is 3500 available at plant level and 2000 available at storage location level. The system will proceed to confirm the lowest of these levels which is 2000 - only 2000 are considered available. Similarly, if storage location location S2 is determined, the system will determine that there is 3500 available at plant level and 1500 available at storage location level. The system will proceed to confirm the lowest of these levels which is 1500 - only 1500 are considered available.

It is possible to turn off the storage location check in OVZ9 to force the system to check just at plant level. However, you need to consider if you really want the system to not check your storage locations. Also, if you are working with batches, this indicator will be "ignored" in certain cases.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried to change the settings in OVL3.

I maintained a storage location for a plant corresponding to a storage condition.

This is the way it behaves:

Eg : Total stock : 3500

Stock in S1 : 2000

Stock in S2 : 1500

No storage location maintained while creating delivery (VA02) in all the following cases.

Case1: Order quantity 2009, Storage location in OVL3 is S1.

Confirmed Qty : 2000

Case2: Order quantity 2009, Storage location in OVL3 is S2

Confirmed Qty : 0.00

Case3: Order quantity 2009, No Storage location maintained in OVL3

Confirmed Qty: 2000

Means it always picks up the qty to be confirmed from one storage location (S1) if it is either maintained or left blank in OVL3.

If another storage location S2 is maintained in OVL3, then confirmed Qty is 0.00. It does not confirm the qty w.r.t the stock available in s.loc S2.

I am unable to figure out the reason for this.

Kindly provide your inputs.

Regards,

Richa

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In t.code OVZ9 for the checking group and checking rule combinations, check the box No stor.location inspection box and then create a new sales order and test again. By this way, the system checks at plant level.

Regards,

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check your checking rule(OVZ9) for Availablity Check

Say, in your material master(sales: general/plant), Availability check = 01

Then check setting for

Aval - 01 : Daily requirements

A : SD order

Regards

JP