cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to print properly from SAP gui for java for ubuntu?

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear all,

i have SAP GUI for java on ubuntu 10.4, and i can't print from sap .although i can print from windows desktop? any suggestions , recommendations to print properly from UBUNTU desktop?

thanks in advance

Mahmoud Younis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear all , the printer already installed on UBUNTU , i think there is a problem in configuration on SAP may be we need to change device type or access method ,or anything else . access method G isn't working

. your help please

Younis

Former Member
0 Kudos

please assign appropriate device type for the printer and try using F as access method. do you have __default configured in SAP for Locl or lp01?

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear all,

i have device type post2 for hp laser jet p2015, and F method . the spool request is sent to the output device but in sp02 i found the request with status error ?

your help please

Mahmoud younis

Former Member
0 Kudos

please paste the error message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

in sp02 i found the request there with status error but in sm21 i foun this error " Unable to Establish Connection to SAPLPD or lpd"

your help please

mahmoud younis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check below notes and let us know

Note 10758 - SAPSprint or SAPLPD cannot be reached

Note 13793 - Connect to SAPLPD sometimes fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Younis,

Do you have printer defined in Ubuntu, if not try to define printer and set as default and try again. Make sure, you have frontend G or F just like windows print setup attributes.

Regards,

Arjun