Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export and Import functionality in WebDynpro ALV

former_member193460
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have done a webdynpro alv application and it is displaying the data as i wanted. However i have a requirement to get the alv displayed data in an excel sheet( which works with the export button on alv) and update that excel sheet which will be updated back in the alv table.(for eg any import button functinality on alv)

Regards,

Tashi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member193460
Contributor
0 Kudos

I have made the ALV edittable ..But the user requires to update on 1000+ records which he prefers to do on excel to save time ... (as in excel we can autofill multiple rows with drag functionality). If we can do the same in alv ,that will solve the purpose as well.

Regards

Tashi

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no Import functionality directly.

You can create a custom button, Read that Excel data using any related function module (Refer threads ...)

and convert it into the relevant internal table, read the context node and bind this data..so that ALV will be shown with new data.

You have to do this way.

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then as suggested, provide a custom button, and call a popup and place file upload ui inside popup and on upload update the node of ALV, for uploading refer the link in previous reply.

Hope this helps u.,

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Similarly i have a situation.

For SNC standard web dynpro application, I have added a button. When i click on need of popup with file upload functionality and the data from file need to passed to again back standRD application.

Pls suggest. I have just knowledge in new development.

Thanks and Regards

Siva Mandapudi.

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this you need to use file upload to upload the modified excel data back to ALV. Else why dont you make an ALV Editable.!

For upload excel refer this wiki: [Upload excel in WDA|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDABAP/ExcelFileUploadAndDisplayDataUsingWebDynPro+ABAP]

hope this helps u.,

Thanks & regards,

Kiran.