Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting to a non Account Assignable WBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Need your inputs in fixing one of my query below-

There is an amount of X posted somehow to a non Account Assignable (AA) WBS element via a Z code in our Business. The posting was from a Network to the same Non AA WBS element.

Now, I wanted to know -

How did the posting happened to the Non AA WBS element?

How can I reverse the entry?

Thanks for your time and understanding.

Regards,

Sumanth.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my opinion cost can be posted to non AA WBS only via direct table update. Check whether your Z development is updating cost table directly. If yes, you will have to remove the cost in same manner - by directly updating table with negative value.

Regards

Shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant,

Sorry for delayed response.

Please let me know the procedure how to remove cost from the table directly? What is the table name?

Also, you said, cost can be posted to WBS via direct table update. Can you please let me know how it can be done? what is the t-code /procedure?

Thanks a lot for your time and understanding.

Regards,

Sumanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumanth,

Please check with your developer if your Z development or userexit is making direct table updates, which is undesirable. Ideally BAPI or Funtion module should be used, so that such situations dont arise. Based on how that development is done, developer can guide you to reverse entry.

Regards

Shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant,

Thanks for the info. Our technical team is investigating on this.

But, I understand normally to edit the table entries we use SE16N and then SAP EDIT t-codes... is there any problem with this approach? Also, is there any other way /t-code to edit table entries..? This is only for my information.

Regards,

Sumanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumanth,

Using SE16N for standard table and fields can be very risky, as it can have irreversible impact on actual data. I would advocate using it only for Z fields or user fields in table.

Your solution mostly would be some correction program. You will have to identify incorrect data and pass thru correction program developed by your team.

Regards

Shrikant

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You mentioned that the posting happened from network to WBS.. it means you did a settlement run ? If so reverse the settlement...

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, the posting was through some Z code and not from the settlement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried manual reposting of this cost from this WBS element to another WBS element ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I haven't tried manual reposting of these costs. But, before I want to use that option, I wanted to try whether reversal of the same entry is possible or not.

Example- I m thinking of using KB64 for reversal of the same posting.

Are there any other options, via I can try reversal of the posting. (reversal from WBS to Network).

Thanks,

Sumanth