cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to NW 7.3 Java Problem in Phase BIND_SUPPORT_PACKAGES

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am upgrading a Netweaver AS Java 7.0 incl EHP 1 to Netweaver 7.3 AS Java and cannot proceed in Phase BIND_SUPPORT_PACKAGES due to the following error.

[extract from TroubleTicket_xx.txt]

Trouble Ticket Report

Upgrade to SAP NetWeaver 730

SID................: J64

Hostname...........: fis84

Install directory..: d:/usr/sap/J64

Upgrade directory..: D:\usr\sap\J64\SUM\java

Database...........: Oracle

Operating System...: NT

JDK version........: 1.6.0_07 SAP AG

SAPJup version.....: 2.4.999

Source release.....: 700

Target release.....: 710

Start release SP...: $(/J2EE/StandardSystem/SPLevel)

Target release SP..: $(/J2EE/ShadowSystem/SPLevel)

Current usages.....: AS;BI;DI;EP;EPC;BP-ERP;LSOCP;RetailStore;UCES;BP-XSS;BP-Common;BD;XECO;XSS

ABAP stack present.: false

The execution of PREPARE/CONFIG/BIND_SUPPORT_PACKAGES ended in error.

Error while applying support package stacks. See stack trace for details.

Error during reinitialize of target components vector.

Error while extracting usage type mapping

No UTL Description for active source product {sap.com/ERP=}!

More information can be found in the log file D:\usr\sap\J64\SUM\java\log\BIND_SUPPORT_PACKAGES_BSP_09.LOG.

Use the information provided to trouble-shoot the problem. There might be an OSS note providing a solution to this problem. Search for OSS notes with the following search terms:

com.sap.sdt.j2ee.phases.PhaseTypeBindSupportPackages

com.sap.sdt.j2ee.phases.BindSupportPackagesException

Error while applying support package stacks. See stack trace for details.

BIND_SUPPORT_PACKAGES

CONFIG

PREPARE

NetWeaver Upgrade

SAPJup

Java Upgrade

The at least reported Lines in SAPJup.LOG were:

Feb 1, 2012 11:42:13 AM [Error]: com.sap.sdt.j2ee.tools.usages.UTLComponentsHelper.createMainUTLInfoFromScan(UTLComponentsHelper.java:347) [Thread[main,5,main]]: No UTL Description for active source product {sap.com/ERP=}!

Feb 1, 2012 11:42:13 AM [Error]: com.sap.sdt.j2ee.tools.usages.UTLComponentsHelper.getUsageMap(UTLComponentsHelper.java:168) [Thread[main,5,main]]: Error while extracting usage type mapping

Feb 1, 2012 11:42:13 AM [Error]: com.sap.sdt.j2ee.tools.sduselection.UTLActionsProviderImpl.doUpdateTheManagedComponents(UTLActionsProviderImpl.java:404) [Thread[main,5,main]]: Error during reinitialize of target components vector.

Feb 1, 2012 11:42:13 AM [Error]: com.sap.sdt.j2ee.phases.PhaseTypeBindSupportPackages.execute(PhaseTypeBindSupportPackages.java:348) [Thread[main,5,main]]: Error while applying support package stacks. See stack trace for details.

I am despaired, i cannot find any Notes or helpful information concerning this error. The Upgrade stands still.

Does anyone of you can help me with this issue?

Thanks beforehands

regards

Carsten

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Carsten,

I am not expert on upgrade and installation issues (in fact there is a forum area for this kind of topic), but I will try to help you.

The error "No UTL Description for active source product {sap.com/ERP=}!" is probably raised due to an incompatibility between our system and the installation media you are using.

Firstly I would suggest you to regenerate the stack.xml and if the issue persists, you should check the installation media and maybe try to use a different one.

I hope it helps.

Kind regards,

Lisandro Magnus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply Lisandro, but unfortuately, it did not yet solve my problem.

But I found something suspicious in the maintenance request in MOPZ.

In target system constellation the field "Systemname" is empty. See the following picture for detail.

[link|http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17951525/system_constellation.png]

May It be that the error occurs at this point. How can I solve it in Maintenance Optimizer?

regards

Carsten

Edited by: Carsten Peifer on Feb 2, 2012 11:49 AM

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you assigned product system to this instance in SMSY ?

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are also gettng same error. Could you please let us know how to fix it.

Thanks & Regards,

Arun

Answers (0)