cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is project cash flow management required ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I explored the SAP help, Wiki and also this forum but still I have this doubt...

My company has only investment projects. We follow Annual cost planning & budgeting. Our finance team is asking about the project cash flow figures. I suggested that in this case the carry forwarded commitments + the budget that is planned for the next financial year will give the projected cash flow required for the year. When we do not have any incoming payments and all are only outgoing payments and with various standard reports available to give these figures, is it worth activating Project cashflow management ?

Awaiting your guidance.

Thanks in advance.

Vinodh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with what AP has to say. Normally PS Cash Management is used in projcts where there is both inflow and outflow of funds. But in your case, as you say there are only outgoing payments i don't think it is necessary to have project cash management in place.

From a consulting perspective i would suggest you to explain this to your management and convince them that this requirement can be fulfilled by having a custom report in place instead of implementing project cash management.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

if you want to track the detail level payment made against the project and PO then this is required otherwise we can generate our own report without this setting.