cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB2E download

former_member185931
Participant
0 Kudos

How do I download the DB2E from sap site, I following the Note :677476 and it gives the link to download as

https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/swcenter-3pmain

when I click on the link it give me NO DATA

I think it might be because I don't have license for it, I will appreciate if somebody can guide me, I am new to SAP MI, I have just taken a small project, when I have to do some goods Movement from PDA from SAP R/3 4.6D

Thanks

Jagraj Dhillon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jagraj Dhillon ,

In order to use DB2 Everyplace database you are required to obtain a DB2 Everyplace licence through SAP. Thats why you got that 'No Data ' page response.If you have acquired a license for DB2 Everyplace from SAP, you will find a DB2 Everyplace CD to download on the Service Marketplace under the "Database patches from other vendors" category in the DB2 Everyplace category.

For testing purpose , you can download the <b>DB2 Everyplace SDK for SAP</b> from the SDN itself. This is not officially qualified by SAP. You can download it using this link . https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloaditem?rid=/library/uuid/1a29541d-0a01-0010-81bf-fdab6713a9d4

After downloading this DB2 Everyplace SDK for SAP ,

Extract the contents .

From this directory (SAP_DB2e_V822_SDK/CI_MI_25_SP14_Eval_archives)

, u will get the zip files corresponding to DB2E .. Two files are here . one for DB2E with encryption(if u want to use data base encryption) and another without encryption.

Create a ADDON Component -Type Using WebConsole.

Just rename the downloaded zip files to ur Component-Types name.Upload the zip file u have downloaded .

Upload this zip file corresponding to this Component Type.

Assign this as the firt Application to the particualr Device (by manually or by role synchronization).This data base files must be the first application for all devices.

This zip files contains,

<b>some jar files -</b>

these are acting as database connector for DB2E.

<b>DLL files -</b>

these are linking libraries required for proper working

<b>install.xml file -</b>

this contains the installation instructions.(Actually after getting downloaded to the client device , the jar files and the DLL files are copied to proper folders , using the instructions we have written in the install.xml file.).

In this install.xml file , we can see the instructions to change the contents of the MobileEngine.config file in a manner to support the DB2E as local database. This is the first process to carry out during installation process. Then copyn the associated jar files to the lib directory in the mobile installation. Then copy the DLL files to the System directory . then add the referece of the jar files copied to the lib folder in the listOfJar.txt file. This file contains the details of jar files which are to be loaded while starting the MobileEngine.

In that , u can see a install.xml file (installation instruction file) u just have to modify that according to ur requirements

Regards

Kishor Gopinathan

former_member185931
Participant
0 Kudos

Kishor

Thanks for you help

Jagraj Dhillon

Answers (0)