cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional field 'Quantity_specified' appearing on sharepoint

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have developed a service interface (Managepurchaserequisition)(Multiple Line Items) in ESR with 5 operations Query,Read,Create,Update and Delete.We generated the proxy in Duet Server and created the SCL business object,BSO and Mapper Classes and generated the WSDL and End Point URL's using SOAMANAGER.But when we expose the URL's in Sharepoint to create the External Content type and External list, the Read operation is showing the Extra field 'QUANTITY_SPECIFIED' along with the field 'Quantity' but we used only 'QUANTITY' field while creating the Service Interface.When i test the Service Interface from Duet Server all operations are working fine ,But in Sharepoint all other operations are working (if we made the QUANTITY_SPECIFIED field as disable in Sharepoint while creating the External Content type)except 'CREATE' operation.And we are maintaining the same structure for QUERY,READ and CREATE operation.

Can you guys please suggest me from where this 'QUANTITY_SPECIFIED' field is coming to Share point and what all we need to do to overcome from this issue.

Answers will get the reward points .

Thanks,

Harish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

I suspect that you modeled the Quantity as an optional parameter in ESR (cardinality 0..1). This could explain the additional Quantity_Specified parameter in SP.

Can you please provide more information on your data type in ESR? Any chance to change the cardinality to 1 - making it a mandatory field?

Cheers, Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alex,

Yes I made the field 'Quantity' of Data type 'Decimal' as Optional in ESR system.I do have the requirement like i don't want to pass any value to the Quantity field in the Header level but i pass the value in Item level becuase i created the Service interface for Multiple line Item. As we know in order to display the fields in Query operation those fields has to be their in Read response and Create Request (In Header level) Structures.As per my knowledge the structures of the Qury response,Read Response and Create operation Request header Structure has to be same so only i am maintaining the field Quantity in header level in create operation also but i wont pass any value to the field 'Quantity' in header level. I want to show the field 'Quantity' in Query operation to do this i am maintaining the 'Quantity' field in Header level of the Read and Creat operation.

Please let me know any other ways to resolve this issue..

Thanking you...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

I would suggest that you try to make the fields 'mandatory' and then see how it behaves in SharePoint. Please report bakc and whatever problem remains, let's discuss then.

From an ABAP point of view, there is really no difference between zero and BLANK for a decimal field.

Cheers, Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Alex,

I cont make the Field 'Quantity' as mandatory in Header level because we wont pass any value in header level as we pass the value for that field in Item level.

I am using 'Quantity' Field in the Header level to make the Query, Read and Create Operation Structure same,so that i can show the 'Quantity' Field in the 'Query' Response operation.

Is their any other way to meet this requirement?

Regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

I cont make the Field 'Quantity' as mandatory in Header level because we wont pass any value in header level ...

My assumption is that the system will pass a 0 (zero) value at header level regardless, because you chose a decimal data type in ABAP and you will always have a 0 (zero), which in web service terms is not equal to BLANK.

I am still thinking that it is worthwhile to try my suggestion and making the field mandatory.

Hopefully some of the experts on this forum can chime in here.

Cheers, Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will make the field as mandatory and in header level i will pass zero and

any how we are not using this field inside the program and i pass the value to this field in the Item level.

Thanks for your valuable replies Alex.