cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universe based on XML

0 Kudos

Hello

I am trying to create a universe based on simple XML (containing fields department name, department id), via Univer Builder in XI3.1, using CWM Relational 1.0 bridge, but I am not able to connect to the XML directly.

I used the sample DynaDom.xml, and it enables the create universe option (saw a diff that this XML was attached to a conenction or database?)

Here, I want to understand, what would be the correct method of creating universe using relational bridge, do I have to declare anything in param.xml file, if yes how?

Even I tried connecting it with club db, and then exported it back to xml,xsd and xsl format, but hard luck!

Thanks

Edited by: piyushp on Feb 1, 2012 8:54 AM

Edited by: piyushp on Feb 1, 2012 8:56 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here's the XIR2 guide http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir2/en/xir2_universe_builder_en.pdf

and the XI3.1 guide http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir3/en/xi3_universe_builder_guide_en.pdf

This is very little use of Uni Builder, so you may want to work with Support engineer to get confirmation. (i.e. OSS ticket)

Regards,

H

0 Kudos

Thank you Henry!

You are right, this docs doesnt help even, if I would like to create universe out of simple xml, which made me turn to SDN.

Creating OSS ticket should help.

Just wanted to understand, how complex it is?

Regards

Piyush

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

UB is a really old legacy throwback .. from the BO 6.x days (pre-2006)

UB is - in theory - really easy to use. But there's not much support for it, because most people use Universe Designer or Information Design Tool (in BI4.0)

You haven't really elaborated about how this is failing? it could be something as simple as malformed xml expression, or a new XML markup that isn't consumed correctly. I'm speculating.

Regards,

H