cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTPS Communication using SOAP adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We are working in health care environment and having a requirement to update some information from SAP to a secure website.

Kindly guide me how to proceed on this requirement.

1.Information can be updated in Secure website Using SOAP adapter?

2.If yes what details need to be requested from other party side?

3.any sample documentation?

Thanks

Swapna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Implement SOAP Scenario at the sender. Using soap sender you are basically hosting webservice. Provide WSDL for the customer to access your soap sender (webservice). Choose HTTPS as transport protocol. share the certificates with the client.

SearcH SDN for Soap scenarios. This would be helpful.

former_member190543
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swapna,

You will need a SOAP to Proxy synchronous scenario for this.

1.Information can be updated in Secure website Using SOAP adapter?

a. Yes, and this is done by responding to a SOAP request.

2. If yes what details need to be requested from other party side?

a. Read below

3.any sample documentation?

a. Search in SDN for webservice to proxy (synchronous scenario) or Proxy to Webservice (for asynchronous) and you will get loads of blogs

Is is a synchronous or an asynchronous communication?

If sync, then they have to provide you a wsdl file or a url for their webservice. You have to import it for data types for request and response. Once done, create Outbound Synchronous interface (for third party) and Inbound synchronous interface for SAP system. Create proxy on SAP system and write a method to call a function module which fetches you the required data.

If asynchronous, then create Outbound asynchronous interface (for SAP system) and Inbound asynchronous interface (for third party). Create proxy for the outbound interface on SAP and write a method which accepts the values from function module.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Ramesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,Baskar,

Thanks for your replies.

My requirement is to update the data from SAP to secure web service.

So it will be proxy to webservice(Proxy to SOAP). Please correct me if i am wrong.

I am new to working with Secure Webservice.

Kindly advice me what details i need to request from other party(Webservice)(it is a govt website) to access and update the same.

Thanks

Swapna

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use IDoc/RFC(bapi)/ABAP Proxy, check with ECC team how they are going to push data from ECC.

If you are using only HTTPS communication and no certificates then you dont required any thing to do

refer below SOAP adapter configuration guide

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/29/5bd93f130f9215e10000000a155106/content.htm

Request yuur web site team to provide adress of website where you wnat plance an XML file.

Regards,

Raj