cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Punch out data in SC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am working on punch out with an external supplier. Most of the settings are done at this point. however there is an additional requirement. when we browse the supplier site for item and get to our shopping cart, we need the long text of the item also to come to our shopping cart along with the short description, price, qty etc.. right now we are getting back all the details in our SC except the Long text which is something like description of the product configuration and other details. Does anyone know how to get this in our SC? is there any setting for this? And we also need to have the supplier quote number (which is generated in the site) to come to back in one of our feilds, perhaps vendor text field.

Any inputs would be great.

Thanks

Naveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Can you please provide me the configuration steps for the Punchout process?

Regards

JY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jy,

You just need to set up an OCI for the external site.

It the same as how you set up OCI for an internal catalog.

Thanks

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Robin,

The punch out supplier is sending the data of UNSPSC code in the field NEW_ITEM-MATGROUP, Is there any place in the system where I can check and confirm if the supplier has indeed sent this data over in this field? Also I need to understand how to map this incoming UNSPSC code with our product category. What is the procedure? Is there any document available for these steps? This is urgent.

Thanks in advance

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can check what has been sent by the supplier in structure st_catalog_content in BADI BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER. If you put a break-point in there you can debug it on the ITS (several threads on here to explain how that is done).

To map this code to your own product categories probably the best way to go is to make a mapping table in which you couple the UNSPSC code to your product category.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have implemented the Badi BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER and have mapped the Unspsc codes with our prod categories in the Z table and we are updating the field ET_SC_ITEM_DATA-CATEGORY_ID. But when we test it by creating the shopping cart it still doesn’t take the right product category. It is showing the default product category in the SC. Not sure where the default category is coming from (there is no default in the Org structure) what do you think the problem could be? Could it be in our coding in the Badi? Please let me know what your opinion on this is.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hard to say, I can look into my crystal ball ;).

If you take a look at the documentation in SPRO for the badi you see that you have to place an X in variable EV_something (no SRM system nearby, so can't check for the correct name) in order to use the ET structures, did you do that?

I take it you loop over the ET table into a local structure, update the CATEGROY_ID and then update ET from that structure?

If you want to be sure what is happening - debug the Badi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Robin, here is what we are doing.

We use the UNSPSC code supplied from the punchout in field catalog_content-matgroup e.g. 43171803 and use that to look up our category id from the lookup table e.g. OSSTATO. We take the category id that has been retrieved and update the field: et_sc_item_data-category_id

What we find is that in the shopping cart we still have a default category id and the one we put in the above field was ignored.

After doing several debug sessions we found that before the code enters the BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER BADI, it has already allocated the default category id for the user and it ignores what we put in.

The standard sap function BBP_WS_IMPORT_SC_DATA is using the UNSPSC code 43171803 and it tries to validate that as a category id and because it doesn’t find it. It replaces the catergory Id with the user default e.g. SAFEHEAD.

What we would like to know is that can we use our lookup table code anywhere before the BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER BADI without having to do a core code modification?

what are your thoughts on this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Robin,

any feedback/thoughts from your side? Please let me know. We need to fix this ASAP. your inputs will be gratified.

Thanks

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

I have exactly the problem you encountered here in this thread. The change of category_id just doesn't seem to be used.

Did you find a solution ?

Thanks,

Phil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. Worked out what needed doing.

The error is apparently due to multiple entries in the COMM_CATEGORY table for each category_id, even though the material group I was using did not have a duplicate.

The field CATEGORY (category guid) also needs changing in the et_sc_item_data table to be the value of the Category guid from COMM_CATEGORY on a lookup by category_id. Therefore category and category_id fields need modifying.

This works.

Phil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

you don't need to make any adjustments, it's the supplier that needs to adapt it's OCI message to include longtext and quote ID.

Here a link to the OCI standard PDF: <a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/97abb390-0201-0010-718f-d6a0d87cb26a">OCI Standard</a>.

Check this document, so you can ask your supplier to implement the needed OCI fields I mentioned earlier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For descriptions you can use the OCI field:

NEW_ITEM-LONGTEXT_n:132[].

For quote IDs you can use:

NEW_ITEM-EXT_QUOTE_ID[n] - Number of an external bid for this item (as reference for a subsequent purchase order).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Robin. Could you just briefly elaborate how i need to go about doing this? I mean , is there any coding required or any BADI? or is it just some configuration?

Thanks

Naveen