Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

handle edi file in BIC mapping

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I got edi file without end separator. Can you please tell me how to handle this edi file without end separators in BIC mapping

Thanks,

Enivass

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you ask the client which standard EDI format are they providing to PI? If it is not standard, create your own BIC mapping in BIC MD and use that.

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

Now is sending with delimiters but i am getting below error in bic maping

[Error:ID=2150;LEVEL=3] counter value (1) of incoming field (ISA.GS.GE:97) doesn't match the calculated value (0).

Please help on this

Thanks,

Enivass

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The error appears due to incorrect counter values for GE. You need to either contact your sender for correcting this or correct the payload yourself.

If you are still not sure if they are following the standard process, just open the mapping in BIC MD, check the properties and you can see the delimiters used. You may ask them if they are following the same standard.

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

Now I am getting below error

[Error:ID=2099;LEVEL=1] InhouseDocReader doSyntaxCheck(): offset[966]: the found segment

Thanks,

Enivass

Edited by: enivas on Feb 1, 2012 9:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if it doesnot contain end separator then it is not standard EDI file.

if you really want to process that file then you need to go for your own BIC mapping.

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

> I got edi file without end separator. Can you please tell me how to handle this edi file without end separators in BIC mapping

If the edi file doesn't have end separator then it should throw an errror. You can provide the end separator manually then send the message to PI again, otherwise it doesn't know where the file ends.

Regards,

Venkata Ramesh