cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subcontracting POs not getting transferred to APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We use CTM and Preqs gets generated in APO and POs are generated in R/3.

Checked the following in the IM

1) Inforecord

2) PDS

Everything seems to be fine.

Planning in APO is done only for FERT for Subcontracting.

While doing CCR , the POs are missing in APO and even after reconciliation the POs doent seem to get transferred.

Itu2019s a CPP error and the error details are

Ordertype 2 OrderNo 4504142319 ItemNo 000001 SchedNo 0001

Product ( Which is a FERT), Plant, vendor, Qty, Date

Product ( which is other than FERT) , for location ( which is Vendor Location) in model 000 does not exist.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

My guess is that you created the non-FERT material directly in APO, and it wasn't assigned to a model.

Check the location-product which appears in the message below:

Product ( which is other than FERT) , for location ( which is Vendor Location) in model 000 does not exist.

In the initial screen for /sapapo/mat1, give the product name and the location & click on the button "choose planning version".

I don't remember this very well, but if your product is not assigned to a model, then you might also see a button "choose or assign model". Take this action first if you see this button.

In the windows that appear as result of the above 2 actions, specify 000 as the model/version as applicable.

Then try again. It would work.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

No material is created Directly in APO.

Yes, u201CProduct ( which is other than FERT) , for location ( which is Vendor Location) in model 000 does not exist.u201D . Because in the Subcontracting Process, no other material type is planned other than FERT.

A Parent item with Material Type FERT code will have Dependent material with Material Type FERT and Non FERT. Those which are FERT is transferred to APO and can see the PDS in APO only for those, and not for Non FERT.

All the materials are assigned to the model.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

Material needs to be present at vendor location also so that it will get planned and can send back the dependent requirements.

Thanks

Amit

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

I can explain the situation during CIF to you, though I can't explain the root cause as such.

When your subcon PO is coming to APO through CIF, a check is happening for the non-FERT (semi-finished or component material - I am not able to think of a reason why this check might be happening, but this is definitely what the error is pointing out to). Since your non-FERT at vendor is not assigned to active (000) model in APO , hence you see the error message in CPP.

You can check in APO that your non-FERT materials would have got created at the vendor location.

And the issue that you see is that these materials are not yet assigned to the model 000. This model assignment action for non-FERT at vendor is required manually.(Might be someone or some batch job was locking the model so the model assignment could not take place)

You can easily cross-check my above explanation by assigning the non-FERT at the vendor location to the model 000. And then try to re-send the PO. I am sure that this would work.

This would at least give you a workaround so that you won't miss the PO in APO.

In parallel, you could wait for someone to reply (or do more analysis yourself for CIF of non-FERT/analysis for CIF of PO in debug as to why it checks for non-FERT). May be the non-FERTs get selected in the Integration model (IM) as per your maintained selection criteria in IM.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

The MRP Type Planned in APO is ( XO and PX) , this is common for PDS, Inforecord and SUB.

In Integration Model:

PDS and Inforecord Material type Planned is FERT and Non-FERT.

SUB the material type planned is only FERT.

Checked the scenario in quality, by creating the Non Fert material for the vendor and assigning to 000.

Created a SUB Con PO and checked in APO, and its not transferred..

So the problem is certainly not weather the Non Fert material for that particular vendor does not exist or not.

I donu2019t if it has got to anything with u2018Cu201D class items. All these items are C Class which has the Error of Product ( which is other than FERT) , for location ( which is Vendor Location) in model 000 does not exist.

Regards,

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

Error is explicitly pointing towards the non-existence of the non-FERT at the vendor location.

So, most likely some SAP bug.

I could only locate OSS note 1553282, but this doesn't look like your exact case.

Try to locate an OSS message if you can.

Otherwise, better raise an OSS message for SAP.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,.

Thanks.

This issue is closed. There are 2 ways

1) Directly create the Material to the vendor location for the Non - Fert material / Non X0 as you suggested, since there is no impact on Business and SNP plans only the X0 material.

2) The IM which had for SUB was modified by adding Non Fert and non xo and by using SNP Subcontracting and rough cut planning. did the transfer but still the PDS did not get updated as well the Material / Vendor location did not get created.

Tried by selecting the PP/DS PDS and Detailed planning and no issues it just got CIFed and the Vendor / location combiantion was automatically created in active model.

basically the second approach was to avoid creating manually and assigning it to the active model.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

Good to know that your issue is resolved with the workaround.

However, it would still be good to ask for help from SAP through an OSS message.

SAP could have a look and propose OSS note or some other solution to you. Would be beneficial for you in the long run.

(I agree with your initial statement which makes sense - you should not CIF data to APO which is not used in APO).

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

1 - Both Source and Destination Location are already created at APO?

2 - The system is showing a message of a non-existing produtct. Is this product a part of the process (e.g. component of the FERT)?

Regards!

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

1) Yes both Source and Destination location are in APO. - There is no issues and also checked relevant transportation lanes.

2) In Subcontracting Process only FERT is planned , the Dependent component can be a Non- FERT, Only the FERT Material Type is transferred as PDS.

REgards,