Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual entry to Accumulated Ord depreciation account to adjust the excess D

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for bearing for all my queries.

We have charged the "ORD Dep" twice for LOCAL BOOK.

As per Local GAAP, the FY is April to March.....As per US GAAP, it is JAN to DEC.

My user has given the Accumulated Dep for local book from JAN to March which was captured in Current year ORD DEP POSTED field.

Agian the depreciation has been calculated and posted by the system for complete 2011 year.

Now, we need to adjust the Dep to ONLY LOCAL BOOK which was charged twice.

"Accumulated Dep account is a Recon account". Here i need your help

Kindly suggest me the way to do it

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It was very helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

How did you post the depreciation twice? Was it thru Manual entry? If so, what transaction type did you use?

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Experts,

Could you please suggest me best practice to correct the Excess depreciation charged for 3 months for my Local Books?

If i remove the "Recon account" option and post the difference amount with off-setting entry, will it be fine?

Kindly help me

Thanks

Edited by: nkonnipati on Feb 3, 2012 7:05 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear nkonnipati

you can post your adjusments excess amounts via ABCO transaction code- Give relevenat transaction type .

Regards

shankar

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

I have 3 books, US GAAP, IFRS, and Local GAAP.

US GAAP and IFRS are fine. There is no problem at all. Only the excess depreciation got posted into Local GAAP.

If ABCO supports me to post the excess dep correction to Local GAAP ONLY, i am really haapy to proceed

Kindly suggest me my dear

Thanks

Edited by: nkonnipati on Feb 3, 2012 8:20 AM

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have 3 books, US GAAP, IFRS, and Local GAAP.

US GAAP and IFRS are fine. There is no problem at all. Only the excess depreciation got posted into Local GAAP.

If ABCO supports me to post the excess dep correction to Local GAAP ONLY, i am really haapy to proceed

Kindly suggest me the best way

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear nkonnipati

you can check this information Via transaction code ABCO or ABSO level. in second screen please give amount posted value, then click on Line item Icon tab. here you can check where the values posting.

Regards

shankar

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for your quick help

Shankar

ABCO and BSO are posting into Area 01 where as i want to post to Area 65

More over the field for area 01 got greyd out.

Please help

Thanks

Narasimha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear nkonnipati

1.Create a saperate trasaction type with Z101,

2.Later you can limit it only to Depreciation Area 65

Path- Asset accounting - transactions-acqusitions-Define transaction type for aqusition

take second one limit trasaction types to depreciation area - here you can limit

select your transaction type double click on depreciation area specifications - here you can give your depreciation area 65 (click on new entries)

3. next you can try via ABCO or ABSO

Regards

Shankar

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Shankar,

It looks we can work it out in this way

But, just confirm me one thing, can we post a JV to Accumulated Dep account by removing the option Recon in FS00 instead of posting asset by asset.

Is there any issue with this?

Your adivse is more valuable

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear nkonnipati

You can't remove the recon. field in FS00. you can go OAMK here you can deselect your accumulated recon.a/c. then you can post JV. later don't forget to reselect this field in OAMK

Regards

shankar

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am really thankful to you my dear

So, i can do this right (in terms of risk and issue, please advise)

In order to avoid lot of work where as my contract got expired and i need to rush it up by today.

Thanks

Edited by: nkonnipati on Feb 3, 2012 11:42 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Narasimha,

My advise to you is, not to post journal entries directly to the Accumulated recon account unless you have some difference between the subledger (Asset accounts) and ledger (accu depr account).

If there are accumulated depreciation in the previous fiscal year, you can post a write up entry after creating a new transaction type as said by sankar in the earlier threads. Use transaction code ABZP.

shanid_mp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

But how r you going to post in AA level?

Whatever Shankar has given is correct to post in AA.

And during ABSO posting with new TType if it is not posted to FI, then it will post during ASKB run.

Regards

SM

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Once again with a new query

I need the Transaction type to copy and make my own for one depreciation area to adjust the Accumulated depreciation which was excessly posted for previous year.

Depreciation Area 65 has to be adjusted -

Ex: Actual Acc. dep. was 5000, by mistake it was posted as 6500. The year has been closed. Now i need to write off the excess dep. charged.

1. TType to adjust the Accumulated depreciation for previous year (Write-up excess depreciation)

2. Can i achive Write up the excess depreciation through ABSO?

Please advise me

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Go to T.code: OAMK And select your company code and click on Change Control of Reconciliation Accounts and click on Delete Reconciliation ind. for all accts button and save and post the entries and go back the OAMK and Set Reconciliation ind. for all accts and save

Thanks,

Raviteja

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I need only the adjustment to LOCAL BOOK.

Is there any other way to do it other than removing the "Recon account" option.

If yes, please advise.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You will postings made to this recon GL account, you can change the recon acc type for it through FSS0.

Go to Control Data tab and remove acc type in field Recon Acc for Acc Type and SAVE

Thanks,

Raviteja

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raviteja,

Thank you so much for your continuous support.

Is this the good practice to coorect the excess depreciation charged?

When Auditing happens, will this create any issue?

Experts, please give me your valuable suggestions

Thank you

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Experts,

Could you please suggest me best practice to correct the Excess depreciation charged for 3 months for my Local Books?

If i remove the "Recon account" option and post the difference amount with off-setting entry, will it be fine?

Kindly help me

Thanks

Edited by: nkonnipati on Feb 3, 2012 7:05 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Narasimhulu:

if u allow me to add a clarification part to your question.

If we adjusted the depreciation manually, shall it affect the future depreciation amounts when execute the (Run Depreciation) by system?

Thanks;