cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed Bin Put Away Strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have fixed bin strategy with maximum quantity maintained. The requirement is when material is received then system should first check the fixed bin and fill it up and then the balance quantity should be sent to next storage type as per search strategy.

Below is an example

Material R10475

Fixed Bin - F-01-01 in storage type FPS

Max quantity - 100

Min Quantity - 20

Replenishment Qty 80

Storage type FPS has capacity check 3 - based on quantity in bin

Search strategy for put away - FPS - FOF - OPN

With this setting we expect that when 500 pcs of the material are received, system should first fill out F-01-01 bin to 100 and then balance 400 should be diverted to FOF, thus, creating two seperate TOs. However, this is not happening. When anything less than max quantity is received it is going to fixed bin. If quantity received is more than max quantity it is going to next storage type ignoring fixed bin totally.

I have tried to use TO Split functionality also with no luck.

Am I missing something or system is supposed to behave like this only?

Shekhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member220529
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

what you want it is not possible since the system cannot split the quantity of a TO item based on the remaining quantity in the bin.

On the contrary it searches for a bin that can hold the entire quantity of the TO item

BR

Claudio

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hm...do you have palettization data maintained in the material master?

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are not using palletization in this warehouse.

jeff_smith4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello. I believe you are seeing this behavior because you have not defined a value in the palletization data within the material master warehouse mgmt 1 view. Without an "LE Quantity" defined, the system does not know how to split the putaway quantity into multiple TO line items. Therefore, in your example, the system will attempt to putaway the entire quantity of 500 on one transfer order line. Since your max quantity is only 100, the fixed bin is bypassed and the next storage type in the search strategy is used.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff, it is great, your way kind of worked for me, but still, for example, if max qty is 25, and LE quantity is 25, it only worked when the fixed bin is empty,