cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP TAO Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts:

I have installed SAP TAO on my machine and when I try to run it, I am getting an error Cation: Before you can start working with SAP_TAO, you must have installed QC

I have not been able to resolve this. This is the list of tasks that I have followed.

1. QC has been installed on the server and can be run through my browser

2. I installed the following add ins (a) HP Quality Center Connectivity (b) HP ALM Client Registration (c) HP Enterprise Integration module for SAP applications

3. Installed QTP

4. Installed SAP and Web Add ins

5. Installed TAO and copied the CBASE_init_vbs file in the library

when I try to run SAP TAO after the installation, I get the above error.

Has anybody received this error, I would like to hear how this can be resolved

Thanks

Ajay Narula

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found out that the technical team had not downloaded the latest patch for SAP TAO, causing SAP TAO to fail since the version I had would not work on Win 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please check, you have all the QC components got downloaded from server to your local machine while you run through the QC in browser? I suggest go to QC add-ins page and download the QC Client setup and install. Then try running the SAP TAO.

Regards,

Maraan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some points to start diagnosis:

1. Activate the SolMan HPQC Extension in SolMan

2. Maintain the SolMan system connectivity settings in the TAO front end interface.

3. Repeat step 2 for the HPQC connectivity in the TAO interface

4. Ensure all associated RFC"s for SolMan and QC are generated and functional.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks folks,

I did try what was suggested a couple of times, but that did not resolve this issue. Here is some additional information that I have been able to gather from the multiple installs that I did.

Environment:

I have a Win 7 Professional client,

SAP Solution Manager, has been setup and working with the correct configuration and RFC's in the managed systems

SAP TAO installation done as per the install guide.

The problem that I am noticing is that the HP QC Client (ALM) does not install on the local machine, when I use the browser I can access HP QC and independently this works fine. However the OTAClient.ocx is being downloaded when I access HP QC through the browser.

It seems that SAP TAO is looking for an ALM/QC client install and it does not find that on the local client.

I tried to do the entire installation again on a new machine and have the same issue. Can you help me understand the issue.

Thanks

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you make sure to install the QC Addons? Without the Addons TAO will not recognize QC correctly.

Also, are you an admin on this Windows 7 system? If not, when you firs tinstalled TAO, did you install it in Admin mode? TAO originally will need to be install in Admin mode even if you are not an Admin. Please confirm this and if need, re-install the TAO Client.

Is TAO running in Admin mode or Regular mode? After the installation it would need to be run in Regular mode and no longer in Admin mode. Please note that SAP GUI must also be running in the same mode as SAP TAO.

Thanks,

Mark