cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete local file on PC using WDA ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I do have a requirement where I need to delete the files from user's machine. The complete scenarios is, user opens a file from WDA application and it creates a local copy on already configured path (c:\temp) on users machine. user don't want that it just piled up there and takes computer hard disk space. So they want WDA to clean this after user is done with file.

Any thought how this would be possible. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Edited by: ajay sharma on Jan 31, 2012 7:35 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Your options are extremely limited (as discussed many times in this forum already) since anything running in the Web Browser is sandboxed from direct access to the client machine. Under normal circumstances, you would never be able to delete a file from the client machine via HTML. You could imagine the problems that would cause if any website could just delete files from your machine.

In Web Dynpro ABAP as of 7.01 we have a UI element called ACFExecute. This allows you to run commands on the client side via a Java Applet. You must maintain a Whitelist of possible commands on the server side. Also the applet is protected via a digital certificate so only your ABAP system can use it. With this you could delete file if you knew the full path and filename in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas

I appreciate your quick and detailed reply. I had the same impression but just want to verify before reverting back to client. And this will help.

Regards

Ajay