cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supported platform for EHP6 installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys - Can anyone answer this question. I can not find this info on PAM or SDN. Please help.

We are installing ERP 6.0 EHP6. We know that Oracle supports EHP6 on Linuux REDHAT 6.0 only for development.

We do not want to take a chance just in case there is a delay in support on REDHAT 6.0. Therefore we are planning to install the system on REDHAT 5.7.

Can anyone let me know if ERP6 EHP6 installation is certified on REDHAT 5.7?

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member266290
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

The PAM for EHP6 for ERP 6.0 shows that it is in RAMP-UP Phase and

only Linux Platform for Oracle supported is SUSE SLES 11.

That means ERP6 EHP6 installation is not certified on REDHAT 5.7

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe the following note is helpful in this case.

Note 1563102 - Linux Requirements for 7.20 EXT kernel

With Regards,

Sp.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx guys - after months of communication with SAP, I thought to share my findings with whom might have the same issue.

Although you donot see RHEL5.7 on PAM, it dosen't mean they donot support it. They want to walk away from supporting RHEL 5.7 on 7.20 kernel. Therefore they recommend to go with RHEL 6.0 and 720 ECT kernel. However there is a SAP note that is not released to public and I can not share the note, it states that by replacing few components of 720 EXT kernel with 720 Kernel, you can implemnt the EHP6 on RHEL 5.7.

Therefore, If you are a ramp-up client for this product and you do not see the supported platform on PAM, I recommend that your coach to contact SAP development team for clarification.

Regads

Kourosh