cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date is changing while importing through MDIS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have Material valid date as 99991231.

in import manager settings date format as YYYYMMDD maintained.

while loading mass import ie 30000 records. many materials importing as 99991231 as valid upto date.

But few articles(around 500) Materials are updating as 09/11/2011. its failing ECC as valid to date is less valid from date.

Could you help me in this issue.

Thanks

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can load your file in Import Manager.

In Import Manager, Map Fields and Values tab, you can click on Date field and see how many converted values it is showing.

If you have used only 99991231, then it will show only one value there. If system is showing more than one value there, then there is some problem in the data only. You need to check your source file then.

Also as suggested by Abhishek, you can write an assignment in Data Manager which will change 25/11/2011 to 31/12/9999 so that it does not fail after syndication. Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I am importing through XML file. XML File contains date like 99991231.

In import manager setting date mentioned as YYYYMMDD.

The problem here is MDIS importing correctly for many Materials as 12/31/9999. For some materials its importing as 09/11/2011.

All the imports are running through MDIS. while doing through import manager. I could see some times its mapping as 99991231& some time is mapping 20111109.

I agree we have workaround in Data manager and Syndication manager.

Does anybody come across this issue. what could be possible solution to avoid.

Thanks

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

The steps Abhishek suggested will solve the issue for now but yes you need to have a permanent fix for this.

When you say IM is mapping to 2 different values,what exactly you mean?

I would suggest to value map to the right value and do a save update.

Post this,test the scenario with IM and MDIS both.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

to have a permanent solution, the Source file needs to be examined.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are able to see two different values in Import Manager, then there is high probability that 20111109 is also existing in the source file. So you need to check the mapping in the PI system from where you are receiving this file into MDM. There is a possibility that this date is being determined based upon some other field in the file. So you need to check these things.

Also as suggested by Ravi, for now you can map the corrupted value to desired Date and save update the map.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Many thanks for your responses. I got the permanent fix for this problem.

Source file contains date as 99991231 but import map automatically taking as 20111109. while doing data loads through import sever, data imported into MDM as wrong data.

The fix is : in Value mapping tab. select the converted value 20111109 set to original value from menu. then saved the map.

Now its working as expected.

Closing this message.

Thanks,

Kiran.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

How is the upload being done, through Excel or some other method.

If so, check the source file for any Date Modification.

Also you can change the Date in Data Manager, through Assignment.

Create a new Assignment, with the required date, and run the assignment for the records whose date is 09/11/2011

In the free form Search, select the Date which is 09/11/2011

Also one other option is in the Syndication Map, Set the Filter for Date = 99991231, this will ensure only those records whose date is equivalent to this, will be syndicate to ECC.

If you need more clarity do let me know

Regards,

Abhishek