cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore deleted OS users - sapinst

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I was working on adding new application server in an existing HA Portal environment which is 7.3 , OS- Windows and DB - SQL Server. I wanted to uninstall the newly installed application for some reason. so i ran sapinst and selected uninstall

selecting the "remove OS users"option . After completing this only i realized that it removed the OS users in all the systems (CI SCS1,SCS2,.) also.The system is entirely down due to this issue.

can some one please help me getting the OS users(sapservice<sid>, <sid>adm,.) back in all the hosts?

thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GuruDev,

As Siva suggested, manually create the OS users.

However, after creating the users, you need add them to the localAdmin and Domain group if required. Also, check and assign the permissions if necessary for the SAP and DB folders.

Thanks,

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

as i have already mentioned, this is HA system where we have ERS , CI and application server running on differen hosts

Former Member
0 Kudos

App Servers or CI , same host or different hosts, OS users are common for CI and App servers rite ?

Though its HA or CI, if you lose OS users, you have to create OS users manually and assign the localAdmin and system admin rights and domain authentication and folder permissions as suggested above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurudev,

I think CI and app servers were installed on same server. That is why it's deleted all users/groups on that server. You should have gone through the uninstall steps before uninstalling the app server.

You have to manually create those users again at OS level.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar