cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing Conditions: Is there such a thing as 'versions' or 'validity dates'

Former Member
0 Kudos

A co-worker mentioned that he thought that Pricing Conditions could be subject ot 'versions' or 'validity dates' to enable reprinting Invoices based on a specific time or version. I haven't been able to location any setting for that and am wondering if there is such a thing.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

the Pricing Conditions that we set up change year to year and sometimes quarterly not because the Prices change but because we need to add new Condition Types and Account Keys that settle to new and different G/L Accounts.

After much experimentation, including rebuilding each Pricing Condition for each major change, we found that we could recreate the any Invoice for any year/time period with our clone of RVADIN01. I'm not an abaper so I can't explain the details - sorry about that.

Thanks to all of you that contributed suggestions. They were much appreciated.

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Pricing conditions will be based on the validity dates and not versions,because if any changes are done those can bee seen in versions.So to enable invoices based on the specific time of version then you to do development with the help of your ABAP team.

But logically, Pricing Conditions could be subject to 'validity dates and not versions

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, that confirms the 'validity date' part of my question.

It makes sense that validity dates would refer to pricing rather than the Pricing Condition (Procedure) as a whole. We're a Ultility company so validity dates on pricing won't mean much because new regulations generally mean new Condition Types and all that go with it.

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If new regulations come and as per the new regulations if price has to be changed from tommorow then in the condition record,change the validity period and maintain condition record again for the same material from to tommorow's date to the date

and again if any new rule comes then you have to change the validity dates

Regards

Srinath

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pricing Conditions could be subject ot 'versions' or 'validity dates'

I am not familiar with versions, but using validity dates, the invoice can pick the correct pricing. For example, assume a pricing is maintained for a validity period of 01-01-2011 to 12-31-9999 in transaction code VK11/VK12. During the beginning of the year 2012 if the business wanted to increase the price, then a new condition record with validity period of 01-01-2012 to 12-31-9999 can be entered using t.code VK11. By this way, the documents that has pricing date on/after 01-01-2012 can fetch new pricing. If the users print sales/billing documents that are created in 2011 with pricing date in 2011, can see the pricing for 2011 period. The price increase details can be seen in t.code V/LD (pricing report).

Regards,