cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS/MSS How Do I Hide the Estimated Cost Field on Create Travel Request?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Implementing ESS/ MSS.

I would like to hide the Estimated Cost field from the Create Travel Request screen.

I have another post on this forum for how to resolve the error that comes with the use of this field.

I am asking this separate question so that I can address how to hide the field and eliminate the issue if possible.

I looked in the IMG and saw a few configurations to change, so I think I am in the right direction. Further assistance would be great.

<silly_comment_removed_by_moderator>

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Feb 6, 2012 6:39 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetz,

First of all, it isn't a good idea trying to attract people to post with points... because you wouldn't want point-fanatics to randomly post all over "do the needful for the same" or the like...

BTT: I believe you have taken a look at TA FITVFELD_WEB (T706Z) for Variant PL --> Web Interface Travel Request --> Estimated Costs. Good shot but still useless because here you can only hide a documentation field.

Here are a few possibilities to hide the estimated costs:

Technically in the WebDynpro Component they are ESTIMATED_COST_LABEL (label) and ESTIMATED_COST_FIELDS (transparent container)

1. You can use the component configuration FITE_VC_GENERAL_DATA_REQUEST in WDA Component FITE_VC_GENERAL_DATA and set the above said UI-Elements invisible. I didn't use this approach because you'd have to modify the standard Comp- Conf of SAP.

2. You can use Administrative Personalization, i.e. ctrl + right click and hide things. I didn't do this either because it sometimes is buggy when transporting. Still a possibility.

3. You can do it coding-wise with an enhancement in WDA Component FITE_VC_GENERAL_DATA. This is what I did, because I like coding-approaches best.

method Z_INVIS_EST_COSTS .

DATA: lo_el_la_est_costs TYPE REF TO cl_wd_label.
DATA: lo_el_tc_est_costs TYPE REF TO cl_wd_transparent_container.

lo_el_la_est_costs ?= wd_comp_controller->z_go_view->get_element( 'ESTIMATED_COST_LABEL' ).
lo_el_la_est_costs->set_visible( EXPORTING value = '1' ).

*CALL METHOD lo_el_la_est_costs->bind_visible
*  EXPORTING
*    path   = ' '

lo_el_tc_est_costs ?= wd_comp_controller->z_go_view->get_element( 'ESTIMATED_COST_FIELDS' ).
lo_el_tc_est_costs->set_visible( EXPORTING value = '1' ).

endmethod.

Each one of the approaches has advantages and disadvantages but all three work. Choose one you like 😜

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for hide ESS field, if you are the system administrator,

go to Content Administration > Portal Content > tab browse > portal content > content provided by SAP > end user content > ESS > iviews

go to iview that has estimated cost field, right click go to priview

then click CTRL + Right click at estimated cost field, then you can set visibility as invincible

field will invincible at user page.

hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply.

I am trying to do this but with in the Iview folder there are only 2 iviews. None matching that of the Create Travel Request page. I can't seem to find that Iview.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Search the iView with its technical name then. It's "com.sap.pct.erp.ess.12.request". It's in the EHP2 Travel Folder.

I disagree with using the personalization-approach.. it will be client dependant and might cause trouble when transported...

Cheers, Lukas