cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcing 7.0: Email Link in Mail templates when implementing Single Sign on

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are implementing Sourcing 7.0 SP02 On premise.

We are in the processing of setting up the single sign on with Enterprise Portal.

In E-Sourcing 5.1 - when we implement single sign on with portal - the mail links in the mail templates have to be replaced with the portal URL and also - in order to redirect the user from portal login to the correct object in E-Sourcing (contract/MA/RFX) - we had implemented a custom portal solution (par file) to redirect the user.

So when the user clicks on the link in the mail - it will take the user to Enterprise portal login. Once the login is done - user will be redirected to the E-Sourcing object like RFX/MA which the token %DOCUMENT_URL% contains.

I wanted to check if there is any standard solution to this issue in Sourcing 7.0 on p

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Srivatsan,

This should have been addressed in Sourcing 7.0.01 Patch 6 and above.

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram, Thanks a lot for your reply. I got a release note 1485253 that explains that this is resolved. Please find the text below

2011/0000612672

In user emails, %DOCUMENT_URL% token is used to generate the document

specific URL. This URL takes the user directly to the document. However,

when Sourcing is integrated with SAP Portal, using only this token will not

take the user to the document. In order to fix this, ENCODE function has

been introduced. Wrapping this around the URL, the URL can be encoded and

used as a "forcedURL" in the portal link.

Would you be able to explain to me how this can be achieved through configuration? I tried now with a portal user of Sourcing and the link was still showing up as the old link. Is this forcedURL generated using a system property?

Regards,

Srivatsan

0 Kudos

My understanding is, with the fix there is no additional configuration required. The solution described in the release note may have been an interim solution, Iu2019m not sure. Iu2019ll try to look into it. You may also want to raise a message to get it clarified.

Regards,

Vikram