cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWM Scrapping after quality inspection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I'm trying to work out a scenario in EWM but I'm not sure how the standard process should work, hopefully you can help.

I'm receiving a returns shipment in my warehouse. After Goods Receipt, I transfer the goods to my quality inspection area using POSC. Here, I enter the inspection result via /SCWM/QINSP. Depending on the inspection result, the follow-up task is determined.

The current behaviour is as described below:

1. If the product is OK, it can be putawayed via the already exising warehouse task.

2. If the result is not OK, the product needs to be scrapped. Currently, EWM creates a Warehouse Task to my putaway storage type, and assigns stock type S5 (Scrapping from Putaway) to the product. When I confirm this Warehouse Task, the stock is moved to the putaway area and the stock type is changed to S6 (Scrapping from Warehouse).

Is this correct behaviour? I would actually expect that the scrapped stock would be moved to the scrapping area (storage type 8040), and not to the putaway area...

Thanks & regards,

Oliver

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

in your follow up procedure or action for the decision "not ok" there should be a warehouse process type - what destination does the WHPT show?

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

The Warehouse Process Type for decision "not ok" (Follow-up action D - Scrapping) is 4020 (Scrap).

The Destination storage type / bin for this whse process type are 8040 / SCRAP-ZONE.

As far as I can see, this is correct, right?

Appreciate your help.

Regards,

Oliver

Answers (0)