cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to view changes to expense reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to find a way of viewing changes to an Expense Report.

In PR05 there is a history but it does not provide details about the change. I have also looked at PRTE and cluster AEND but again this does not provide the details that our business users require.

Does anyone know if there is any other way of viewing the detail of changes to an Expense Report?

On a related issue we have found that in PR05 the approver name is showing as the workflow user rather than the user ID of the person who approved the trip in the Portal. Can this be changed to the actual approver ?

Thanks for any help with this

Stephanie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think T-code PRTE provides only screen level changes (i.e who , when creates, save or updates by whome)

For detail level changes in expense reports you need to activate Define History and Archiving of Forms

V_T702N_R26_R27

Please note that this is ONLY available with EHP5 BC 605 FIN_TRAVEL_3

Following is help available

_________________________________________________________________________Use

In this step, you can activate the following functions:

History

If you activate logging of history, the system logs the changes to travel requests and expense reports. Users can display the history in the following user interfaces:

Personal object worklists (POWL) for travelers, assistents, and approving managers on the Web Dynpro ABAP-based user interface of Travel Management

Transactions of the travel expense report in SAP GUI; for example, in the Travel Expense Manager (transaction PR05) or in the Travel Calendar (transaction PR02)

If you do not activate logging of history, the system automatically logs the changes made to expense reports (as in earlier releases). Users can display the change history only in the transactions of the travel expense report in SAP GUI.

Storage of Travel and Expense Forms in the Archive

If you have activated logging of history, you also can define that the travel request forms and expense report forms are to be automatically archived when certain events occur. You can determine which of the following events triggers the archiving of a form:

When processing of a changed travel request or expense report is handed over from the user who makes the change to another user

When the status of the travel request or expense report changes

When a user saves the travel request or expense report

You can archive the Adobe PDF forms or HTML forms for travel requests and expense reports, but not the forms for travel plans. If you use an ABAP list form, the system first converts this form to an HTML form and then archives the HTML form.

In the following activities you define which kinds of forms the system uses:

For travel requests, see Define Enterprise-Wide Control Parameters and attribute HTMLFORM_R_P.

For expense reports, see Travel Expenses Control (Expert View), Other Settlement, field 24.

Requirements

The following prerequisites must be met:

You have activated the updating of statistical data when trips are saved; see Define Structure of Trip Statistics.

You have made the basic settings for ArchiveLink; see Basic Customizing for ArchiveLink.

Note:

If you want to archive Adobe PDF forms, the document type PDF under Edit Document Classes must contain an entry with MIME type application/pdf.

If you want to archive HTML forms, the document type HTML under Edit Document Classes must contain an entry with MIME type text/html.

Standard settings

By default, history logging is not activated.

or http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_05/helpdata/en/1e/9467498ee0444f9d06070d3e267364/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks - that's useful information. Unfortunatley we are only on EHP4.

Has anyone got any other suggestions ?

Thanks

Stephanie

0 Kudos

Hi Stephanie

Hope the project is going well!

For the 2nd question you asked regarding approver name - this should be fixed as follows as the approved by ID comes from table FTPT_REQ_HEAD. This field is filled in the Bapi BAPI_TRIP_APPROVE. This is used by the BUS2089 approve method which is also used in the Workflow step to approve.... however there was a correction for this - note 1533227.

Regarding the change history in PR05, indeed the AEND in PRTE does not provide ALL change history and is not an indepth change log as only gives trip history written prior to posting to FI.

Also it should be noted that none of the statistical reports provided in standard either look to any cluster but only to the

the transparent tables contained in logical database PTRVP in case you need more specific information, in which case an adhoc report might be your only solution.

Hope it helps

Sally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sally

Thanks for the information about the approver name - I have passed to our workflow experts.

With regard to the detailed change history - you have confirmed that AEND is not an indepth change log. Are there any other tables that hold more detailed change history?

Or is our only option to write a report to read AEND?

Thanks

Stephanie

0 Kudos

What details are you trying to find Stephanie and I will see what I can find out?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sally

An example of the changes the users want to see is if an expense report is submitted on the portal and then the administrator in the backend changes the report eg to change an amount on a receipt or add a new receipt or delete a receipt.

The history shows the date, time and ID of the person who has changed the report but there is no detail of what has been changed. The details are not shown in AEND either.

Thanks

Stephanie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Muhammad Umer,

Could you please guide me which will be the suitable option if we want archive  Request/ Expense form only in case of approval.

Many Thanks.

Regards,

Priyanka Dhuke

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Priyanka Dhuke;

Why do you need to archive the request/expense form? Is it to keep records of approver?  We also have multiple approver and what we did is just create a customized table where we keep the approver user id and date approved so that every time we view the form, we just select in the approver logs and display it in the form.

Regards;

Debbie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try PTRV_CHANGE table

0 Kudos

Hi Stephanie,

We had the similar requirement and we created a Z table to store the changes to the trip as we were not able to find any standard way of storing all the data in standard tables.

We then also created a report in the R3 system from this Z table to give the audit trail report with date time stamp and the id of the person who made the changes.

Regards,

Vijay

0 Kudos

Hi Stephanie

I would agree with Vijay here and can see no way that you can extract this data to form a more detailed change history as required, this could only be done as an adhoc query.

Sally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

what you have done is very interesting. Is it ok, if you can please share the logic of the program on how it is tracking the amount changes, with all of us? I mean all of us will be curious to learn this from you and would like to have this solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sally and Vijay for your replies

I am still not clear about what change data is recorded and therefore available to report on.

Sally - Are you saying that we can write a report to read the cluster AEND?

Or is there another table or tables that hold change data that we can write a report to read.

My problem is that the data in AEND is not sufficiently detailed for our Auditors. They want to see the detail of what has been changed - not just the time, date, user ID and status. (Eg if an administrator has changed an amount on an expense report in the back end - they want to be able to see the detail of that change)

Vijay - if you could provide more information about your solution it would be very useful.

Thanks a lot

Stephanie

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

could you share what you have done conceptionally and technically to accomplish this? We have the same problem at the moment, we need to be able to trace down the alteration of every - single - possible - field to provide 100% revisability (on EHP4). I have problems finding every point of the whole travel management process where alteration occurs, for example from the Portal/Frontend, several places in backend, in the business workflow etc...

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe the suggestion was to use the enhancements provided to ALSO save data to a custom table and use the custom table to read the change history. You can possibly construct the custom table depending on how elaborate you need to have the changes recorded.

Thank you.