cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC V10 - Agent BRFplus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we generated our own brfplus agent. But how is it possible to add more than one user ID to a rule result? We want to inform a group of userIDs.

We don´t want to use MSMP Approver GroupID for the scenario, because we have to make flexible approver results regarding the request details.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

Alexa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

With BRF+ you would normally have a set of criteria to then generate a specific outcome (1 user ID). However, you can have multiple ways of defining the agents in the MSMP workflow directly which enables you to have multiple users assigned. This doesn't have to be an Approver Group as it can be directly mapped users or users with a specific role assigned.

If you want to use BRF+ I would carefully evaluate the selection criteria and the types of agents which you want to find so that you can map them accordingly. You might actually find that BRF+ does not represent the most pragmatic solution in this case.

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

thanks for your response. the criterias works fine, but I have only the problem that I want to add more than one userID to the result and not only once. The group of users will not change very often, because of that we want to handel via brfplus agent rule and not via MSMP agent (direct mapped users). Regarding MSMP direct mapped users, we have to create for each agent a seperate path and a seperate initiator rule result. To handle the scenario with different agents on one stage regarding request details.

For detail:

- request include system A and company A1, then agent group A must be approve the request on one stage X

- request include system B and company B1, then agent group B must be approve the request on one stage X

How is it possible to create such a brfplus agent rule?

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using a decision table?

You may be able to create a separate expression within the BRF+ engine and have those multiple users assigned with the required logic to a BRF+ expression which you then reference back into the decision table result label?!

In that way, rather than have a direct input of a single user ID in the decision table, you refer to the expression.

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

thanks a lot. Can you please explain me in detail which expression you mean? That would be great!

Thanks,

Alexa

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alexa,

I'm theorising here but you should be able to have a separate decision table which actually lists the user IDs out and reports them into a new result key.

This would effectively be your CAD (in 5.3 terminology). You can then make your original decision table reference that new decision table to find the appropriate result (a list of User IDs rather than just a single entry). Alternatively, you could play with the other types of expressions (e.g. boolean formula etc) to directly work through the logic.

This could quickly end up being a complex over-engineered solution to a potentially simple problem so whilst it may be possible, I'm still not sure I'd go for it. I'd really look back at the core requirement and see whether it would be possible to manage with the direct users mapped or approvers group.

Simon

former_member541582
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alexa, Simon,

Did you find a solution to your problem? We have a similar requirement.

- request include system A and company A1, then agent group A must be approve the request on one stage X

- request include system B and company B1, then agent group B must be approve the request on one stage X

We have been able to solve this with a BRF+ (line item) rule, but the decision table has to be maintained on a user id level, which I think suck. Is there any way to map it to a PFCG user group instead? That would be a lot easier to maintain in the future.

Best Regards,

Vit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vit,

I created a own customer BRFplus rule for my mentioned scenario and it works fine.

You must copy the line with the criterias. That means you have several lines with the same criterias only the UserID is different. All UserIDs receive the workitem and can edit the request.

Hope this works for you as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But there is no solution regarding a real group function! I also receive this information by SAP consultant.

I also agree that this solution with the mulitple lines are not a great function!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is possible without BRFplus being implemented, as you can create a custom stage and have the approvers identified by a user group or PFCG role assignment; but this would involve utilising Routing agents and multiple paths etc, which can get very messy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes we know this function "Approver Group ID" for example, but you cannot handle with this function if you have a lot of systems and companies in place. Therefor you have to create multiple paths and stages...this is not really a great solution for customizing and maintenance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I said, It can get very messy.

But if the solution can be intelligently designed, it may still work out to be a good solution. It might be worthwhile to get in touch with a BRFplus consultant to figure out making secondary group tables work or something.

Good luck.

Answers (0)