cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO change version Approval/Rejection notification to requester

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SRM Gurus,

We are in stand alone scenarion of SRM 7.0 using process controlled WF.

We have received an request to send out notification on approval / rejection of and PO change version.

The PO's are created automaticaly from approved SC's and only the PO change triggers the approval WF.

I've already checked the IMG: SRM server > cross application > Event and event schema for alert management.

1. Define events: BUS2201 Purchase order is present with APPROVAL_PROCESS_DOC_APPROVED and APPROVAL_PROCESS_DOC_REJECTED

2. Define event schema for obj. type BUS2201 event schema PO the APPROVAL_PROCESS_DOC_APPROVED and APPROVAL_PROCESS_DOC_REJECTED with subcategory event APPROVAL_RESULT_NOTIFIC_NEW are set to event category NOTIFIC Message.

3. Define Recipient of notifications: PM Approve change version of purchase order - User Role CR contact person the options rejection and approval of application object are selected.

The users I'am using to test are the same as those who receive notifications for SC rejection/approval so I guess it's not connected to SU01 or PPOMA settings.

Still I don't see notification sent via SOST.

Any ides what I could check next please?

Thanks in advance for you help.

Michal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Michal,

did you give the event schema created to corresponding transaction type ?

If you are expecting to receive notification during approval workflow, check OSS note [1395980 - No notifications of approval sent during approval process|https://websmp101.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=01100107900000000342&_EVENT=REDIR&_NNUM=1395980&_NLANG=E]

For PO, you can also check OSS note [1572957 - PO change version reject notification not sent|https://websmp101.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=01100107900000000342&_EVENT=REDIR&_NNUM=1572957&_NLANG=E]

Regards.

Laurent.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

vishal_agrawal3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

am in a similar situation where at rejection of the PO the mail is going to the creator of the PO and not the person whoc changed PO. When I put a debugger on BBP_alerting it stops at the first two methods but doesnt stop at 'IF_EX_BBP_ALERTING_BADI~BBP_EVENTS_DET_RECIPIENTS'. Can you please tell me in which method you were able to see recipient getting filtered or know why am not able to debug IF_EX_BBP_ALERTING_BADI~BBP_EVENTS_DET_RECIPIENTS??

Regards,

Vishal Agrawal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Laurent,

thanks for the tip!

I've opend an OSS Message for this issue as I'am able to send notifications to requester on SC approval, on automatic PO approval, but not on PO change version approval/rejection. The approver receives the notification, but not the requester.

It seems to me, that the system is not able to determine the contact person in case of PO change. Will reply when I get more info from SAP guys.

So far thanks for your help!

Michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Laurent,

While debuging I found out, that there was a custom development done by the previouse project, which was filtering the recipients. So we solved the problem here.

Thanks for your help again.

Regards,

Michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Laurent,

Thanks for reply.

In the define trans. types - Transaction types there is ECPO Purchase order, ECPP and ECDP present. for BUS2201 Purch order.

Under Define Event schema I have Event object BUS2201 with event schema "PO - Purchase order" and under Event control "APPROVAL_PROCESS_DOC_APPROVED / REJECTED"

Under event definition for BUS2201 I have APPROVAL_PROCESS_DOC_APPROVED/REJECTED

But maybe I did not understand you right what you ment with "give the event schema created to corresponding transaction type " Is there some kind of linkage needed between trans. type and event schema?

Will check the Notes now and thanks in advance for your help.

EDIT: We only need to have the notification on the end of approval process, so I've implemented the note1572957, but still the notifications are not sent.

EDIT: Now I see what you ment with assign event schema to trans. type.

When I go to details of ECPO trans, type I see the event schema PO is assigned.

With best regards,

Michal

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Michal,

have a look at wiki below:

[Triggering of notifications or alerts - debugging tipps|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SRM/Triggeringofnotificationsoralerts-debugging+tipps]

Regards.

Laurent.