cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring Related Queries - BPIM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are planning to implement Business Process & Inteface Monitoring - first phase mainly involving application specific mointoring and interface monitoring. I have few queries on the same. Would be great if you can help in same:

1) Our present DB is about 35TB. If we implement BPMon in SolMan then how we can make sure that performance of monitored systems like ECC, SRM, etc are not impacted while data collection by local CCMS and then passed to SolMan Cental CCMS. There could be possibility of thousands of open sales order globally at various loc. so that data when collected should have some impact on system performance.

2) What are the Best Practices & recommendation on BPMon side, specifically for cross application monitoring like ABAP Dumps, Update Errors and Batch Files. I have links for SAP Standard slides so please dont share those one from mkt place.

3) Any strategic document from your side to show how it was proposed /implemented in some project/clients with real time examples as that will give more clarity.

4) Escalation Mgmt / Corrective Measure procedure - Any standard facility available for escalation management. Also we are looking for some task assignment kind of feature where alerts action can be assigned to various project team members by process experts for needful, etc.

Thanks in advance.

SM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jolanta_gniadek
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Suchit,

1. There is no guarantee that the collector will not influence the performance, however they are written in a way which should not drastically affect the system. If you are in doubt I would suggest running a chosen TBI report (in ST13), which more or less illustrates the data collector and tracing results (especially performance trace).

2. If you have SAP slides you should be able to find best practices, I believe that the goal of BPMon is to monitor application/process specific errors. That's why also for example ABAP dumps monitor has a selection on what is dumping, so you could search only among errors belonging to your process. In my case we created a separate BP calles cross-process monitoring and we monitor there things that are critical but not possible to assign just to one process.

3. The only "strategic" document is a technical documentation of BPMon, as SAP will not identify your critical business processes and tell you how to monitor them (at least not for free ).

4. That depends what kind of tool you are using for the incident management. You can utilize email notifications if you don't have a specific tools, otherwise you might consider building your own BAPi to support your IM tool.

BR

Jolanta