cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional Program embedded in PI server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have was thinking about this scenario. A file (unencrypted) send from a sending system, then dump to a file server, picked by PI then PI will use the sending systems encryption program to encrypt the file then send back to another file directory, then picked up by receiving system.

Let's put into consideration that we will be using the encryption software from the provided from the sending system and not customize or use another encryption software aside from the one provided.

Is this possible?

Cheers,

R-jay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

of course - you can use the standard file adapter to file adapter to achive this and do the whole encryption

in an adapter module (if you have some java libraries for doing that)

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michal,

So most likely the approach is rebuild the libraries and create a new adapter module used for that software to encrypt data and not its impossible to add that existing software and link it to an adapter. Is my understanding correct?

Regards,

R-jay

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>software to encrypt data and not its impossible to add that existing software and link it to an adapter. Is my understanding correct?

you can also do that

if this external software can pull files and descrypt them and return the result then you can use PI to put the file in a correct place and then get the decrypted file from the return folder - so depending on the features which this additional tool provides

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk