cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warranty rejection

former_member512784
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Please advice suitable solution for the below scenario..

1. Plant will receive warranty rejected part in 655 mvt, QA will do inspection, if it really defective, they will move the part to blocked stock for returning to vendor.

2. Stores will send that material to vendor for replacement or repair.

3. Again stores does goods reciept for replacement or repaired part in 101 mvt type

4. Inspeciton lot will trigger.

My question is, how QA will come to know that a particular inspection lot triggered in step 4 is for repaired or replacement recieved from vendor.

Because regular parts will also comes in 101 mvt type.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member188931
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try this.

Send the rejected material to vendor with Different purchasing order type, so that it will have different serial number. Create the BTE with the help of ABAPER for generating mail to QM person whenever GR happens to these POs ( Use the serial number logic for triggering the mails)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi you can create one more storage loaction for the rework parts and move all the material coming for rework to that location.

In case of quality lots you can filter them through storage location.

Regards,

Smruti

former_member512784
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Hrishi and Smruti

Former Member
0 Kudos

After step 1st or 2nd can you not create a Notification for warranty Rejection? same sent to QM .

former_member512784
Participant
0 Kudos

Quality Notification already triggers before step1 from CRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then from notification itself, trigger mail to concern QM person saying lot is created .This is simplest way.

former_member512784
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi sujit

My requirement is entirely different like store does GR for regular parts in 101 mvt and also does GR for reconditioned or repaired parts in same 101, I need to differentiate the above 2 scenarios in 01 inspection lot..which triggers after GR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you can copy the movement type and create a Z movement type for the warranty material, Then you can assign diffeent inspection type for these movement types.

regards,

Smruti

former_member512784
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Smruti,

I think, it is not possible to assign a inspection type to newly created movement type..