Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set initial password for news users with password policy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

SAP: ERP 6.0

On my PROD system, the default password for new users is "initial" (SU01), so new users needs to define a new password for the first connection to SAP.

On my sandbox system, where I've implemented a new password policy through the following parameter:

login/password_expiration_time

login/min_password_lng

login/min_password_uppercase

login/min_password_digits

login/password_history_size

Fo new users creation (SU01), the new password must be set regarding the new policy but It not allow new users to set a new password for the first connection to SAP ?

How to set a "initial" default password for all new users witch obligation to set a new one ?

Regards

Eric

Edited by: Eric MOUREY on Jan 31, 2012 11:15 AM

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check login/password_history_size parameter.

As written on Sap Help:

The password may not be changed to any of a useru2019s last x passwords, if the user changes the password himself or herself.

Until SAP NetWeaver 6.40 (inclusive), the password history was fixed to the value 5.

After SAP NetWeaver 6.40, the administrator can set the size of the password history (up to 100 passwords selected by the user).

The administrator can reset a useru2019s password to any initial password, therefore also to one of the last x passwords for this user. This is necessary, since the administrator should not know the passwords of the users. The user is prompted to change the initial password at the first interactive logon.

You can change this with the profile parameter login/password_history_size.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/d2/141fb593c742b5aad8f272dd487b74/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

but It not allow new users to set a new password for the first connection to SAP

This is not possible and does not make sense. They must change the initial password which is also known to the SU01 admin or a program which generates it to a new "productive" password of their own.

This is for personalized "human users" (type DIALOG and COMMUNICATION) who should not share passwords and accounts...

Perhaps you can rephrase your question, as possibly you mean that you want to force "old" passwords to comply with the new policy, now already although the passwords are not required to be changed yet (or ever)?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi

I made a mistake, your answer is correct.

i was supposed to delete this post

Regards

Eric

0 Kudos

i was supposed to delete this post

Why? The topic of sharing user ID's was about to become interesting...