cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Results recording cant reflect characteristics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All Experts,

I had created multiple characteristics(CT04) and assigned to class and the class is assigned to MIC which is assiged to Inspection plan(qp01), but while doing RR these characteristics are not reflecting, can anybody pls guide me.

Thank You in Advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You don't have to assign class to MIC but you should assign "class char" while creating a MIC.

Also When you assign the class char to a MIC ,you actually enter only one "characteristics" ( out of multiple characteristics assigned in CT04) means system ask you the characteristics whcih you want to assign out of this class char.

Create Characteristics, (CT04) first.

Now create class and then assign these chareristics to class and save them.

Now QS21 Create Master Inspection characterstics:

give plant name;master inspection char. and give the valid date and enter class char here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

I followed ur steps and after click enter button following error giving

"No selected set is assigned to the class characteristic", can u pls help me

Former Member
0 Kudos

While creating character in CT04 , go to "Values tab"--> click on "other value check button' then select catalog char

then give palnt and selected set value .

After this create MIC with reference to this class char.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok but when i try to enter in selected set field it is not allowing to create, when f4 is pressed its giving * and the error "Function code cannot be selected"

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to first do f4 on selected set & then enter plant & select selected set.

If selected set are exists in system then only you will be able to enter.

Edited by: Sujit Gujar on Jan 31, 2012 2:36 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok but i think i have not created selected sets, so shall i create it now and what is the actuall function of selected set how it will be useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

A selected set contains a combination of different codes at plant level, for example, coded descriptions of characteristic

attributes (such as color, shape, surface characteristics), defect causes or usage decisions from different code groups.

Ex:

Suppose for catalog 1 Characteristics Attribute,create code group COLOUR in QS51 (You need to create code group as per your requirement in QS41)

You can maintain codes like 0001 Red,0002 Blue,0003 Green.

This selected set then you can assign to MIC in QS21.

BUT

There are existing selected set are there for catalog type 1 in system.Check QS51 .you can enter the existing one in Class char.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Mr. Sujit i had catatlog, selected set and assigned to MIC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Thank U so much Expert my issue is solved.

Answers (0)