Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Physical Stock and Book Inventory is not matching

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The problem is , the physical stock and Book Inventory is not matching, Because at the time of production confirmation they confirmed less qty or total qty, but physically not checking due some reasons.

My client is checking the stock physically end of the Month or Month 1st week based on the Cartons because it is fixed for each carton Size

My question are

1. How to handle the Inventory & the Amount ?

2. How to handle the Excise Registers ?

Regards,

Prasanna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187610
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

MI01,MI04,MI07 is to take a physical count in SAP. This transactions are not used to move or consume inventory. If you dont find stock during a physical count, then your stock is issued while posting the differences. But this is not a standard consumption such as consuming it in production.

Movements within a plant can be carried out with MIGO or with old transactions such as MB1A (goods issue) MB1B (transfer postings), MB1C (receipts). The movement types define what actually happens to the material. If you use movement type 311 then you move from one storage location to another one. With 101 you receive material. Using 261 you consume material to an order, with 201 you issue and account a cost center .

Regards,

Sharan

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply ,

How to handle in Excise point of view ?

Regards,

Prasanna

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is purely MM issue and not SD as MM only handles all inventory maintenance.

G. Lakshmipathi

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply,

Suppose my RG1 register is like this

Opening Qty  Manufactured Qty    Dispatched Qty     Closing Qty

100                  200             50                      250

250                 150               0                      400

In the above Example i showed Manufactured Qty is 200 but actually may be less or high but physically not checking the stock

Client is checking the physical stock every month 1st and client will come to know Qty variation

Regards,

Prasanna

Edited by: prasanna_sap on Feb 2, 2012 6:39 AM

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Any solution for this issue

Regards,

Prasanna

Answers (0)