cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Catalog - records filtering for different users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

We all know that there are two ways of restricting users from seeing all the catalog records - Masks and Named Searches.

In a scenario where I'll have say, 100 users, who'll see 100 different subsets of catalog records, will i have to create 100 webservice configurations? Is there an alternate route?

P.S: Posted the question in SRM forums, since there wasnt any response I'm posting it here.

Thanks

SwarnaDeepika

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SwarnaDeepika,

Firstly to add to what you mentioned,we can also control the access to MDM data using Lookup Constraints in Console.

Now,coming to your concern,SRM holds these users and for MDM these come under many roles.So these will fall under few common Named searches.e.g.Catalog Manager,Catalog surfer etc.For each of these users in SRM you will have webservices depending upon priviliges.If there are 100 roles in MDM then you will have to configure each.

Please go through:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b083e743-023f-2d10-d4ad-b6542e622...

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vignesh

Thanks for the response. But what can we do when the requirement is to have 100 subsets of records to be shown to 100 different users? so we got to create 100 different named searches and 100 webservice ids for them.

Hi Ravi

Thanks for the link. Again we'll have to maintain 100 different roles

Regards

SwarnaDeepika

Former Member
0 Kudos

=

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swarna,

No you don't need to create multiple roles or multiple webservices. Only one webservice can be configured to Work and fulfill your requirement. But definitely you will need to create multiple masks/named searches (*depending up on your requirement)

You can try below solution to acheive your requirement:

1. Create Masks/ Named searches as per your requirement.

2. Create a custom table in SRM. Maintain mapping between User (or org level) to Mask/Named Search in this custom table.

3. Define one web service in SRM system for your catalog.

4. Populate Named Searches/mask Parameter dunamically at the runtime using the custom table. You will have to implement BADI in SRM to do so... Unfortunately I don't recall the BADI name at the moment and neither do have SRM system to check. But you can easily find the BADI to implement by following the below mentioned SPRO path in SRM system:

Supplier Relationship Management => SRM Server => Business Add-Ins (BAdIs) => External Web Services (Catalogs, Vendor Lists etc.) => Transfer Additional Parameters.

Please revert with the result...

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv

That's excellent I guess the BADI name is BBP_CAT_CALL_ENRICH?

I cant try it out as such as we dont have ABAPer onboard.

Will revert back as soon as I can.

UPDATE: tried in sandbox, works fine.

Thanks a lot...

Swarna

Edited by: SwarnaDeepika on Feb 3, 2012 1:37 PM

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which BADI did you use? BBP_CAT_CALL_ENRICH?

I appreciate if you can share your solution here. This will help other users having same requirement.

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oops...I pasted the update in the previous thread

Yes its the BBP_CAT_CALL_ENRCIH.

Regards

Swarna

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swarna ,

As you have ritely said the only way you can set a filter on the records is by using Masks or Name Searches .

Masks are static and doesnot get auto updated where as Name searches can automatically add a specific record if it fits the fileter.

Once the Web service id's are set in the SPRO then they act as a connector to the MDM system ,

So there is no other way then creating a web service id for any name search in the system .

Regards,

Vignesh