cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 7 system landscape configuration

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Your help is appreciated in explaining the SRM "Define System Landscape" Configuration.

Let's say we are connecting an SRM 7.01 system with a SAP ECC 6.0 EnhP4 backend system.

In this case, we will be using ESOA/XML functionality.

As far as I know, SRM needs to be defined as the "Local" system and Backned system should be defined as "ERP_4.0" (is this correct?).

However, I am a bit confused on how the PI system needs to be defined here, as PI is mandatory if using ESOA (suppose we will be using the ESOA functionality for creating PO's in the backend system).

I'll await your comments. Thanks!

Regards,

Gilberto Gallardo.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Thank you all for your quick responses.

Based on the answers, I believe this configuration is not clear for all consultants.

Maybe different answers were based on different scenarios, so here's some more information so we can narrow down a correct answer:

1. From the answers above, PI only needs to be activated in the configuration route SRM->SRM Server -> Cross-Application Basic Settings -> Activate SAP Netweaver Process Integration. I know PI is to be activated, for example, if using SUS in a different server. However, if PI is not defined in the system landscape configuration, the how would SRM know which system it should use as PI? This is still confusing, I'll appreciate if you can clarify this.

2. Let's suppose we will not be using SUS and only SRM 702 with ECC 6 ENHP4 will be used. Based on one of the answers above, PI is not required, as both use ESOA which uses Business Functions to communicate between both systems. However, in the "official" SAP documentation, it is mentioned that PI is required for scenarios such as Central Contract Management. Can you elaborate on this?

You help will be appreciated, and I believe it will surely be of help to many other consultants.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

1) If you want to use PI then SRM->SRM Server -> Cross-Application Basic Settings -> Activate SAP Netweaver Process Integration has to be active. We dont have to maintain the PI system in the system landscape definition. We have PI specific configuration to be done in connecting PI and SRM system hence SRM system knows for which PI system has to be used. You can check Solution manager for PI specific settings or ask your PI consultant.

2) From SRM 70 release onwards if you wish to use ESOA services then PI is mandatory.

But there are few esoa services which use peer to peer functionality (but limited functions only). This setup is usually used when you have one client setup of ERP and SRM

Hope this makes it clear for you.

Regards

Sam

former_member208675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gilberto,

To Define System Landscape go with SRM:LOCAL & ECC: ERP_4.0

You don't need XI to connect SRM to ECC.

If you want to use XI, follow path:

SPRO->SAP Supplier Relationship Management->SRM Server->Cross Application Basic Settings->Activate SAP NetWeaver Process Integration

Generally you need XI to connect to SUS.

ESOA messages has been transferred through Business Functions.

Regards,

yaniVy

reward if helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gilberto,

I think you just need to define connections in T-Code SM59 and publish srm system information to PI using T-Code RZ70(SRM side).

Then you must create a business system for srm in PI system landscape.

Hope this can help you!

Lorry

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You dont have to define the PI system in SRM's define system landscape step.

As ESOA comunications are via standard interfaces defined and SRM and ERP systems know what they are processing.

PI is just a medium to route the xml messages to desired system.

Regards

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, for SRM sys.type is LOCAL, for ECC it is ERP_4.0 & for XI it is XISAPXML1

RFC flag should be selected fro ECC & XI

Local flag is for SRM.

Regards,

Krish