cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can not import objects from PI Productive to PI Development

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

I need import objects from Integration Design of PI Productive System to PI Development System i made the steps correctly because after importing the objects the message said " import successful " but the trouble is the objects are not in the SWCV.

Can you help me please?

I made the next steps:

1. i exported the objects successful

2. then I copied the file generated and I put it in the folder "import" of the PI Development System

3. i imported it from Tools menu -> Import design objects -> i selected the file generated -> OK -> Message "import successful"

I don't understand because cannot show the objects in the SWCV or in the Change List. I don't know what is happening? because i made the previous steps 5 months ago and i didn´t have troubles.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can also try the hard way - I assume that if you're importing from PRD you don't need objects on DEV

so just delete all objects on DEV before importing the same from PRD - the brutal way

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal

I need import the objects from PRD to DEV because someone deleted them from DEV and now we need have the original objects without having to create it manually.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Don't know which verion of PI you are using.

If you are using latest version of PI then try to place the export file on to your Desktop (select Client) and then import the same from your Desktop (Select Client).

Regards

Praveen K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm using PI 7.0 but i'm going to do try what you told me.

Thanks a lot.

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its because of version conflicts while importing the objects.

Please refer this wiki

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=60653971