cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I improve MDM_CLNT_EXTR Materials Initial Load performance?

Former Member
0 Kudos

MDM_CLNT_EXTR

Materials Initial Load extract - 1.68M records

The variant was configured to include the valid defined MATNR range 000000000010000000 - 000000000099999999

Block size of 10

Took 6.5 days to complete the Initial Load extract job.

My Basis team did not find any issues (memory, cpu, disk) for the application server it was running on. They also did not find any options to enable distributed processing.

?What options do we have to improve the performance of this materials initial load? A week is too long time to wait for this job to finish.

Thanks,

Denis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

Try to isolate the problem.How much time did the ERP system take to extract and how much time did MDIS take to finally put in the data in MDM.Isolating the problem, I think we can do something about the issue.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not have the choice to reduce the selection set by Material Type.

I don't think a smaller block size is the answer. Testing in my D environment with 133746 records yields these results:

Time(sec) Block Size

6,152----

7,126----

16,461----

Smaller block size is definately NOT an improvement. I have not found any parameters related to performance for this extractor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

To improve the performance,

What is the file aggregation count that you have set in the inbound port, you may increase it to 500, we have tested till this number, and the system worked without any error.

Are there any background jobs running in R/3, if so, some jobs are resource hungry, you will have to halt these when you extract data through Client Extractor, for better performance.

Also in the partner profile, for outbound message, what have you selected trigger immediate or background, there also you can mention a block size.

Also check the server RAM for MDIS and MDS, also check the network bandwidth for MDS. A minimum of 4GB and 100mbps is recommended.

If you have PI in your landscape, you need to check the channels, if PI causing a bottleneck.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

You are right, there are no specific parameters to improve on the performance of the extraction.

If you do not have the option reducing the selection based on the material type or any other criteria and all the records have to be extracted, then thing you can check is to improve your sizing.

Regards,

Sravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis,

The system will take lot of time to extract large number of records and huge files.

Block size 10 makes the Idoc heavy.

If you want to improve on performance,extract small chunks of records several times instead of one large chunk.

Make the block size 1 and extract based on the material type instead of MATNRs.

Regards,

Sravan