cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting Standard Smartfrom into PDF and storing it in Application Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have copied standard PO smartfrom and did some layout changes, now i am using same standard print program "YBUS_FM06P", i am getting my desired output.

Q1: Is there any way to convert this Smartfrom into PDF with out modifying print program (using some settings) ?

Q2: Is there any way to store the PDF file in application server (using settings)?

Note: i got sample code how to convert Smartforms into PDF.

Thanks.

Prasad S.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205763
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sending to app server without modifying print program is not possible.

converting it to pdf, yes u can do that, on the print preview screen just type "PDF!" (pdf exclamation) in the command box and u wud get the pdf with option to save on ur desktop.

or use the standard reports to convert spool to pdf.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kartik,

I have copied the print program YBUS_FM06P into Zprogram and then in the form routines ENTRY_NEU, I am planning to write my own subroutine to conver into PDF, can you suggest me is there any other better way to handle this.

Thanks

Prasad S.

Edited by: Prasad Sreerama on Jan 31, 2012 3:25 AM

Edited by: Prasad Sreerama on Jan 31, 2012 3:25 AM

former_member205763
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

It is the correct approach, once you've copied it, use the same code till the smartform call, the code to convert the PDF starts from the smartforms call, i suppose you have the code already, so just you have to use it once you get the otf data from the smartforms fm call,

incase you encounter any issue you can let me know.

regards,

Kartik

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI friend,

Without adding any part of code to your already existing program means,

Just try this:

1. Print the smartform to the spool.

2. Note the spool number.

3. Download a PDF file (Acrobat Reader) version of the spool by running Program RSTXPDFT4 and entering the

noted spool number.

Else try calling this program inside your program by passing the spool number.

This is one way. Other than this i don't think so you can convert the program to PDF directly.

If you face any issues in this please revert back to me i will help you.

Thanks,

Sri Hari

Answers (0)