cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting Crystal Report to MS PowerPoint

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a Crystal Report with charts that I would like to export to PowerPoint. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Also, I would like to use our company PowerPoint template for this presentation. Should I use it as a template in CR and if so how, or wait until the file is in PP and then apply the template?

I am using Crystal XI version 11.0.0.1282.

Thank you very much!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Crystal doesnu2019t support the functionally to export to Power point and import the power point document as template.

Regards,

Naga.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can convert your report as Excel data...then via Xcelsius 2008 ( Crystal for Dashboard Design) develop a adashboard that can be presented as HTML, PPT Flash (SWF), PDF, Word PPT) Examples

http://www.businessobjects.com/campaigns/esri/demos.asp

Click on the images below to launch an interactive demo. Use the
simulated controls in each demo to see Xcelsius 2008 in action.

View Demo: Projected World Sales Model

Projected World Sales Model

This interactive, visual model allows executives to forecast their annual
sales and marketing expense for various World regions by modifying the projected
sales growth for each region. Executives can further analyze regional results by
comparing their 5 year annual sales trends to their top two competitors, and by
viewing relative market presence for all regions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Naga and Kiran suggested that it is not possible to export.

We have a option to insert a Power Point presentation or macros into Crystal Reports .

Click on INSERT menu and select OLE Object

It will opens a INsert object window.

If you want to insert new presentation then select Create from Existing check box and select MicroSoft Power point from the Drop down box

or you want to insert existing slides then select Create New check box and browse for the file.

Cheers,

Praveen G

Edited by: Praveen Guntuka on Jan 30, 2012 5:02 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Praveen. I will try this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Although this allowed me to import a PP into my CR (very cool!), it cannot be used as a template because it is an OLE object that I cannot edit. Am I missing something?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use PPT template as Template for PPT, so you need to export the report to PDF and from there take a snapshot of the report in PDF and paste it in PPT.

Here in PPT use your template (Company logo etc).

You can use PPT as template for Crystal reports.

Apologizes if my last post mislead you.

Cheers,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone! All my questions have been answered - not what I wanted to hear, but at least I now know what is possible. Have a wonderful day

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey-

What I have done in the past is export the report to Excel and then use an Excel macro to create the PowerPoint. I have found this easier than exporting to PDF. Just thought I'd share!

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Its not possible as suggested by Naga.

However zou can try to export to PDF and take a snapshot to move to PPT.

And coming to template format, Template in Crystal is a rpt file and hence you can either keep that in Crystal Report or else in Power-point document itself.

Thanks,

Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both for your assistance. Do you mean that I can set up a template in CR using our company presentation template? But that file is in PP format. Sorry if I misunderstand what you said. Please explain how I can do this, if at all.