cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing date in commercial invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Please clarify my understanding regarding the pricing date in the commercial invoice:

GI date is the billing date and the billing date is the pricing date in the commercial invoice.

If this is the case then consider a case wherein a sales order is created on 27/10/2011 so the pricing date in the SO will be 27/10/2011 and if i create delivery,GI and Invoice on 05/01/2012 then the billing date and pricing date in commercial invoice would be 05/01/2012 and not 27/10/2011 ( even if in the copy controls from delivery to billing the pricing type will be D i.e copy pricing elements unchanged.)

please throw some light on this issue.

regards,

s.jhon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
billing date is the pricing date in the commercial invoice.

Your findings is wrong. Whenever you create a sale order, in normal circumstances, it depends on your configuration settings for sale order type where you can define what should be your pricing date and billing date.

Of course, in delivery related billing, whatever be your Actual GI date in delivery, that will be your billing date. For sale order related billing, as I said above, it is based on the settings what you had maintained in VOV8.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathy,

Thanks for the answer i am closing this thread.

Regards,

S.Jhon

marcin_milczynski
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

During billing the pricing date is set to billing date, as the pricing date in billing document is uded for exchange rate determination. The exchange rate is then used for posting of the invoice to FI. It is legal requirement in most of the countries, so that's why the system is built like this. If you have copying pricing flag set to D in copying control, the system does not redetermine prices, so in fact prices from sales order are applied directly (in your case from 27/10).

Regards,

Marcin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

So in no way the pricing date in invoice will be same as pricing date in sales order if both are created on two different dates.Just like the example which i have taken to describe my issue.

Regards,

S.Jhon