cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universe on BW Query How to change 0calmonth MMYYYY into YYYYMM

0 Kudos

Hi

I created an universe using a BW Query. I want to use it to load a BO Explorer Infospace. I'm using the time characteristic 0calmonth. If I load the Infospace, 0calmonth is shown in the fomat MMYYYY. I need it in the format YYYYMM because I want to sort it. Unfortunately it seems that there are no string functionaity for OLAP-univerese.

Has anyone a solution for my problem?

best regards Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP BW MDX does not support calculated measure that return string or date except in some cases.

So normally the following example should work in your case. Create a calculated measure in the universe with the following expression:

<EXPRESSION>RIGHT([0CALMONTH].currentmember.name,4) + LEFTT([0CALMONTH].currentmember.name,2)</EXPRESSION>

Regards

Didier

0 Kudos

Hi Didier,

thank you. I tried it but i wasn't successfull. I always got the error wrong xml expression even when I used this simple expression in the Select box

<EXPRESSION>@Select(Kalenderjahr\L01 Kalenderjahr)</EXPRESSION>

Object Expression is

<EXPRESSION>[0CALYEAR].[LEVEL01]</EXPRESSION>

I got an error.

In the documentation I found only informations about the usage in the where: box to restrict queries but not to define a new object. Do you have any advice.

regards Thomas

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot define your own customized objects with BICS connection universes. You have to do that in Bex Query Designer (I don't think you are able to do that and asking how to do it in Universe Designer).

Check this link this is for BO 4.0 but some of the rules still apply to your scenario.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d056e1bc-2794-2e10-959e-8779c5623...