Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy Cost Planning by period ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

We are evaluating to implement plan costs either by use of ECP or by CJR2 ,

CJR2 gives us the ability to distribute costs by period .

The cusomer prefers then use of ECP because of the costing models , However we cannot disribute the costs by the

period of the duration of the WBS , I noticed in the costs reports that all costs assigned to the period of the basic start date of

the WBS ,

Is there any way to use ECP but to distribute costs also by period ?

Thank's in advance

Gadi Rotem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is OSS note on this. The note says that period wise distribution is not possible using ECP.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If I am not mistaking, there is a new functionality in one of the latest enhancement packages (Ehp3) to enable ECP on activity level. Since the activity has clear basicstart/end dates, I could imagine that then the cost planning (when done on an activity) would be specific for a certain period in a financial year. This needs to be checked ...

I don't know whether there is a business function to be activated through a switch or whether this is directly available when Ehp3 is installed (for component ?? - APPL I suppose) ...

This could then have an impact on the project structure since you would potentially come up with the issue that there are too many tasks in the final project where this ECP needs to be done. Or, when the initial planning is done, the relevant tasks have not yet been planned yet in time.

I would typically represent a phase in a project through a WBS element.Hence in order to get a time line in the cost planning, you could end up with a certain number of tasks (representing the phase from a timing point of view) that are there just to enable project cost planning through ECP...

Hope this is helpfull.

Best regards

Tom Christiaens

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Gadi,

I suppose it is not possible.

There is a solution for IS-M (industry Solution Media) which has enhanced the logic in that way, so that each position with multiple periods automaticaly be generated to multiple positions,. You can do it same manually, which get the same affect.

It would have unfortunately negative affect of the performance.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

check whether you can create your own planning layout and attaching the same in the costing variant.