cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Lead Selection on Table without Context

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Colleagues,

How can set the lead selection on the row of the table ui element without using the context node instance.

I want this as my scenario is such that there is node which contains recurrsive node in such a way that it forms a tree structure. I perform a search on the values, which is returned after seeking the internal table created by parsing.

Also the context is dynamically created.

And I cannot determine the hierarchy where the match has happened for search string as it is done on internal table which is flat structured.

Is there a way where i can achieve the set lead selection for such scenario.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Piyush

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

setting lead selection is the only way to highlight a row in the table. You can create a column with an icon (exclamation or smth like that) and for record matching your search criteria set icon'`s visibility to true

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply.

If i introduce another column, this would again be based on the hierarchy of data that is coming from the context.

The inention here is to set the selection of the row in the table based on the search string. This is determined by a parsed internal table.

Now if i want to use the context to set the focus/selection, i do not know the hierarchy and i am helpless.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Based on the search string, you can set the row as selected...

Use SET_SELECTED of IF_WD_CONTEXT_NODE for all those records of the context..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response.

But my problem here is little diferent. I cannot determine the hierarchy of the node to be able to set the selection.

Example:

Trace ( Node ) - Type A

- Child ( Recursive node ) - Type A

- Attrribute X

- Attrribute Y

- Attrribute Z

Now the table contains entries like :

Column 1 Column 2 Is Child

Function Value False

Expression Value True

and so on

But the context contains structure like Function as Root Context data and Expression being its child is under recurssive node.

So I can search 'EXPRESSION' in the internal table and realise it is Row 2 but when i set the node (Trace) , it contains only 1 row and the others are in recurssive node.. So the hierarchy is not determined, thus unable to set the selection.

Any ideas how i can acheive it.

Thanks in advance

Piyush