cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to debug in doe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any steps/guide on how to debug the DOE process?

Ideally, let say if i create something in the backend system, i hope that i'm able to debug through eg, which rules were evaluated at the run time, dependency etc, until the data is push to the device.

Thanks.

cheers,

jul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can stop(deactivate) the queues and debug the code. But It is very difficult to understand the code while debugging as there would complex designs involved. But you can check the data at different points during the flow of data to the device. For example. after backend load, you can check the data in CDS tables. Also the rule evaluated data records shall be available in *AT or *RT tables. This table accepts extract keys(get from CDS tables) and tell you based on which rule/dependency the data record is evaluated. Similarly at different points, you can check the flow of data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Your answer is very helpful.

1) Can you be more precise what are the tables examples with *AT and *RT. There are quite a bunch of them out there.

Also the rule evaluated data records shall be available in *AT or *RT tables. This table accepts extract keys(get from CDS tables) and tell you based on which rule/dependency the data record is evaluated.

2) Can you elaborate more on this?

Similarly at different points, you can check the flow of data.

Thanks.

jul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jultgh,

My answers follows your questions.

1) Can you be more precise what are the tables examples with *AT and *RT. There are quite a bunch of them out there.

*AT & *RT are for per DO.

*AT is the Association Table which holds the Inbound and outbounds records for insertion and deletion in the client application. you can access the *AT tables by right clicking the DM and selecting View Metadata. In this table, the status would be I, 0, or D. I - Record to Application, 0 - Record from application, D - Delete record from inbound/outbound.

*RT is the replication table which holds the update records. Just replace the AT with RT to access the RT tables of the DO.

The columns RTVAL(Rule Evaluation), DPVAL(Dependency Evaluation) and DRTVAL(Dependency Rule evalution) in the AT/RT tables tells you the rule or dependency on which the data is evaluation. The values are represented in Hexademcimal. Convert it to binary and find out the rules or dependencies evaluated.

2) Can you elaborate more on this?

I mean to say that the data flow can be checked at different points. For example,

From backend to DOE - CDS Tables

After Rule Evaluation - *AT or *RT tables.

After Extraction - Session Monitors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Thanks for the insightful info.

1) I and 0 are both "Record to App"?

In this table, the status would be I, 0, or D. I - Record to Application, 0 - Record from application, D - Delete record from inbound/outbound.

2) Session monitor = Client Communication Session Monitoring?

I'm not really able to find anything from this...always get "No sessions are available for the devices searched" message. Any idea?

cheers,

jul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Thanks for the insightful info.

1) I and 0 are both "Record to App"?

In this table, the status would be I, 0, or D. I - Record to Application, 0 - Record from application, D - Delete record from inbound/outbound.

You are right.

2) Session monitor = Client Communication Session Monitoring?

I'm not really able to find anything from this...always get "No sessions are available for the devices searched" message. Any idea?

If any transactions has happened between your Device and DOE, for sure there should session details about that selected transaction.

Check this thread, if it helps you.

http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2100237

cheers,

jul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Thanks for 1).

For 2), the solution from link given doesnt work. I still dont see anything under Client Communication Session Monitoring.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you please try SOAP session Monitor?

http://<Server>/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/sdoe_session_mon?sap-language=EN

Thanks, Senti

akila_sangili
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

To view the soap messages, in the DOE administration portal, enable the DOE parameter "LOG_SOAP_MSGS" under DOE configuration by setting it's text value to X.

Regards,

Akila Sangili.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Senthil, i could see the SOAP session monitoring and data coming from SUP server.

Answers (0)