cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IdM User automatically locking ABAP account after setting new password

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

We are currently facing a problem, where it seems that the idmuser used when provisioning to ABAP is setting a value 128 (locked due to wrong logon) almost simultaneously as setting the new password on the user. I have found the information under SU01 and changes on the user account.

I cannot find anywhere in IdM that the value 128 is set to the "islocked" attribute. When provisioning new passwords, we do'nt even try to set the "islocked" attribute. We do unlocking/locking in separate tasks - and NEVER us the value 128.

Does anyone have a good explanation as to why/how this can happen?

Kind regards

Heidi Kronvold

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Heidi, are you setting the account with a productive or non-productive password?

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are setting an initial password, that the user has to change when logging on So that must be a non-productive password

Kind regards

Heidi Kronvold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you resolve this?  I have a similar (though not identical) problem in that the user gets no password assigned when provisioning.  Even users that already exist in that system get their password removed which effectively disables the password not allowing the user to login.  I am using 100% out of the box SAP provisioning framework.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Figured my problem out.  Turns out the system was ill-configured.  Enable Password Provisioning checkbox was not checked on the main Identity Store.  Checked that box and am now able to distribute passwords from the IDM system to target systems.