Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

record time against network activity in CATS

former_member314331
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all

Is there any special exit to be used to DIRECTLY record time against Network Activity in CATS ? I do not which to use the "Worklist & Copy" functionality.

regards

PK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You mean you are getting error to enter PO and Item number while CATS ?

How it's possible ?

Regards

Keshav

former_member314331
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Keshav

Please check out the scenario yourself

regards

PK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check if in 'field selection' (CAC2), if purchase order is mandatory field.

Regards,

Mahendra

former_member314331
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mahendra

The Purchase order field is not mandatory.

The employee is not a vendor

regards

PK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As i understand this; when you copy a value from worklist and do a time entry against a network activity there is no issues. But when you directly try to do time entry against a network activity you get a error message to populate PO number. Can you please check whether there is any specific user exits maintained which could be doing some custom check and triggering this error.

Regards

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are simply confusing two different fields in your customizing - Activity number and NWA. The first one is the service master, that is why system expects PO reference.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as i know, you can directly do a timesheet entry for a network activity. You need to have details like activity type and cost center to do this. Also note that timesheet entry in CAT2 is directly influenced by the data entry profile that you use and the settings in CAC2 transaction.

I would suggest you to check both the Data Entry Profile and the setting in CAC2. If you find everything is fine here please check if there is any user exit that is preventing you from making a timesheet entry.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

What error are you getting ?\

Regards

Keshav

former_member314331
Participant
0 Kudos

The error is 'Enter purchase order number and item number' Message no. LR100'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Can you pl elaborate your question ?

CATS is use to confirm network activity which are in release status by means of time sheets. These time sheets needs to be transferred to PS so that confirmation of the same happens.

Regards

Keshav

former_member314331
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Keshav

If we record time against Network Activity in CATS, System expects us to Worklist & then Copy them from the worklist to the CATS sheet.

I would like to record time against the Network Activity by directly entering the network Activity & recording the time against it. I am getting an error message on saving this data. Have you tried this?

regards

PK