Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xsd type

EdgarTabar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

which kind of data type I have to choose in the PI 7.1 , when I expect in my APAB Proxy an type QUANT or DEC (17,4)?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
EdgarTabar
Participant
0 Kudos

With xsd:decimal it doesnt work.

I will try it now with xsd: string

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For xsd:decimal, specify the totalDigits and fractionDigits in Details field of your data type. You can define the total length and number of decimal places there. I successfully used this type in many of my scenarios. Your ABAP Proxy class in ECC will have DEC 17 4 type, for instance, depending on the values you provide in Details.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the link i provided, you need to define Decimal with fractionDigits<=14, totalDigits<=31.

EdgarTabar
Participant
0 Kudos

Please check the link i provided, you need to define Decimal with fractionDigits<=14, totalDigits<=31.

Why fractionDigits<=14, totalDigits<=31 and not fractionDigits<=4, totalDigits<=17.

I will create a DEC (17,4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again, it just means that a DEC field has a maximum length of 31 places with max. 14 decimals.

EdgarTabar
Participant
0 Kudos

Now it works!

Thank you

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use simple string type itself. If you want to customise decimal and fraction digits at PI side, you might do it using standard function formatnumber.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are not having any xml validation in PI, always use 'string' as xsd type. In your proxy structure also you will see it as 'string' type.

If it is an inbound proxy, you can always put string value into a dec or quant field of SAP, same is applicable for outbound proxy also where you will put quant/dec value into sting datatype of proxy structure.

Amol Bharti

former_member189779
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can define as XSD string. Also you can handle it with standard functions given in mapping editor.

Regards,

Vinit